• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Rausch Creek Run -- November 11 - 12

Hans3T

Lif"T"ed
Based on responses from the "feeler thread", I am tentatively organizing an RC trip for Friday & Saturday November 11 & 12. I would be happy to wheel Sunday the 13th if there is enough interest.

Most of you know the deal, but you must be a member to run at RC. You can become a member here if you are not one already. The cost is $15/year, plus $35/day for entrance each day you run.

Groups I have run with in the past have always stayed at the Pine Grove Hampton Inn. They are very welcoming of the off-road crowd and the rates are fair. Ask for the RC rate when you book. I believe it is equivalent to the AAA discount...maybe a bit better.

Just some points for anyone thinking of attending:
  • I would prefer not to lead the group on the trail, but can do so if need be. I have been to the park a few times and have a bit of a sense for its network of trails.
  • Depending on the size of the group, we can definitely form separate skill level groups who can run easier/more difficult trails.
  • Please note that I have no recovery gear at this time, and I plan to primarily run green (easy) trails. This is another reason I would prefer not to lead (I do not want to hold anybody back).
  • My ideal wheeling situation is a fun ride designed to complement, not test, the capabilities of my vehicle. (Please click links for photos of my point.)
  • I like to take photos/video of the wheeling so we have a physical memory of the run.
If anyone would like my contact info (i.e. cell phone), please send me a PM with yours and I will text you my name/number, etc.

Here is a list of members attending (please post if you would like to attend and I will update as necessary):

Attending (6 trucks):

Hans3T
kflips
supersapper-rpm
+ His H1 Buddy
AbsntMnded
4speedfunk

Possibly Attending:

Solarflare08H3
CNY750RIDER

Last edited:

AbsntMnded

Not trying to steal the thunder of this RC run, but if there is anyone else who can not make it on this particular weekend, I would be available on most other weekends. It only takes two to tango!!

HIROLA

Alright guys, sorry... change of plans. I'm not going to be able to make it that weekend. I'll be taking a trip to vegas instead. Don't have too much fun without me!

Hans3T

Lif"T"ed
Well at this rate there won't be anybody there to have fun! :gaah:

Good luck in Vegas -- don't pull a "Hangover"...

kflips

Hans - Unless something changes between now and Nov. 12th I am in for a fun at RC that Saturday. Have winch - will ride

Hans3T

Lif"T"ed
Nice! :cheers: Looks like it will be a small group -- but that's not a bad thing. I'll see if I can put my hands on some local brews for the hotel lot after wheeling. :)

AbsntMnded

Hans,

Please add me to the list! My other plans have dissolved. What's the plan regarding trails, hard greens? My only caveat is that I don't have rock rails. I do, however, have UCP and Hunner skids.

Thanks!! :cheers:

AbsntMnded

This will be a good size group. We will cover a LOT more ground than we did with 25 trucks in April. I'm looking forward to meeting some new CHOmies....errr...H40mies???:thumbs:

Hans3T

Lif"T"ed
This will be a good size group..........errr...H40mies???:thumbs:

Yeah, the group will be a great size! Perfect for covering ground and getting some good group shots.

And H4Omies??? Not so much...I'm still trying to think of something clever for us to be. :huh:

08SolarFlareH3

Super Swampers
I will be there but I wont be there :giggle:.

I won't be able to come Friday because my brother and father are going to Canada and I have to stay and run the business. I will however be meeting up with someone in Tremont or Pine Grove for some stuff I sold on eBay on Saturday. I will also be meeting and picking up a bumper from CJ. Still need to work out the details with him. What time do you guys leave the motel? Maybe I can meet up with 4speedfunk before you guys leave.

Hans3T

Lif"T"ed
Too bad -- you are welcome to ride along with me if you would like to just come along for the experience.

We will likely depart the Hampton Inn at 9:30 am which gets us to the park before 10 am. We'll have breakfast in the lobby before that, and you're welcome to join for that too. I'd be happy to help you load the new bumper as well.

08SolarFlareH3

Super Swampers
Don't get me wrong, I would love to go wheeling with you guys. Problem is I still have to meet up with an eBay member and the $1100 in cash trumps wheeling, lol. I guess it depends on when he can meet up, if I will be able to tag along. I will keep you posted once I hear back from him, so you can keep me as a maybe for Saturday.

Hans3T

Lif"T"ed
I hear that -- what did you sell for $1,100? The steelies?! :giggle:

Hope to see you there, I'll keep you down as a "maybe".

CNY750Rider

Solar, tell the guy you'll meet him late friday and make the deal! Head to the hotel and then go wheeling Saturday morning! Best of both worlds. I am on the fence about this....all you guys staying at the Hampton? You leave the wives at home?

AbsntMnded

That's where they stayed in the past. Per Hans' first post, ask for the "Rausch Creek" rate. From what I hear, they have been very welcoming to the Hummer guys. As far as I'm concerned, lady friends are welcome to join (they certainly were last time).

I'm local. I'll be meeting everyone at the hotel on Saturday morning.