• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

HUMMER Registry?

twinmill28

Spilled Milk
I'm not trying to add additional work while getting a new forum off the ground---but have you guys/gals thought about adding a HUMMER registry to account for known living and dead HUMMER's? You can probably thank the resident mortician, theBroken, for his accountability of more dead HUMMER's than I want to know about.
This came to me after reading about AM General having a registry to account for as many known H1's in the world as possible.
While this may not ever be as cool as finding out about the one known existing Yenko Camaro built in 67-1/2 with green velour interior, but it's still a good indicator of the numbers we have, at least on the forum.
It's been obvious for the last couple of years that 3's are in strength, just curious about numbers of 2's and 1's.

Bigunit

Hammer Down!
Staff member
Twin,
I think it's a great idea & thank you for volunteering to get this project going for us! :thumbs:

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
Interesting idea for some of us. I know the H1 market is in such flux it is hard to tell how many are anywhere for long. So many are getting shipped overseas it is hard to keep up. Also we would have to hide some of the VIN number so Peggy couldn't do her snooping.

f5moab

Mr. Beretta
The problem with H3 VINs is even if only the last 8 numbers were posted, it would not be hard to figure out the rest of the VIN; especially for the first two years.
VIN Breakdown 07 models, H3
5GTEN13E?78(eight digit serial number)
? is the check digit and is the only wild card in the mix for the H3 before the V8 and SUT was released.

twinmill28

Spilled Milk
I've been thinking about how to swallow this pill since Biggy voluntold me, uh, I mean I volunteered for taking this on. The dynamics seem kinda mind boggling and I've gotta do some looking into registries to figure out what I'm talking about.
I realized the VIN thing could get hairy, I know some people don't want pictures of their license plates posted and I still don't know why. So I figured the VIN would be similar to posting the license plate for some. Oh yeah, and Peggy......
I've been thinking in the simplest terms it would be fun to build a spreadsheet listing the breakout of options listed for each model, each year, and having a check box indicating whose vehicle had what options. Then have the sheet tally various numbers for each year to have totals of trucks with what options---i.e X amount w/leather, X amount Alpha. Problem is that can get complicated fast. Ideally, you'd want to be able to load any set of variables and come up with that one 67 Yenko with green velour, or in BigUnit's case, the one H3T with curb feelers and fuzzy dice from the factory.
So, uh good idea--but we need somebody with a clue. I'm working on it, but don't hold out too much hope........

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have seen registries for limited production vehicles. There was one for the slantbacks (only 39 made ) and for my Ferraris ( a few thousand made ) but this could be an enormous undertaking.

Bigunit

Hammer Down!
Staff member
Twin,
I'll help you with this - you're not alone with this project. It's a great idea. Let's talk & throw around some ideas on how to do this.

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think we could take Peggy out, besides Peggy and friends have essentially disappeared from the forums. I think that program was a huge negative for GM, at least where Hummer owners were concerned. Not sure if they polluted other model forums with that garbage.

deserth3

twinmill try contacting AM General. They may be willing to help. Especialy if they've been involved in creating one for the H1.