• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Climate controls hot?

autumn walker

Anyone else notice the climate controls are warm to the touch? The temp screen, dials, anything that is backlit?

Is that normal?

My aftermarket stereo has been acting up recently (I suspect it's a shorting wire) and I'm wondering if something melted back there?

Kyle

do you smell electrical smoke when driving around with the electronics on? id pull the radio and stuff out and take a look at whats going on!

autumn walker

do you smell electrical smoke when driving around with the electronics on? id pull the radio and stuff out and take a look at whats going on!

Nope, no smells or anything to indicate trouble. Except that the aftermarket head unit keeps going on Mute / ATT. I don't think that the wire has melted, I think the pin has come loose from the harness - long story, but I knew it might be a trouble spot. IIRC the pin is ground, not 12v; when onstar kicks in the pin provides a ground signal to the aftermarket head unit to automatically mute the music and give onstar priority on the speakers.

Scarsman

Sponsor
I know my steering wheel backlit buttons get pretty warm. I've never felt the dash controls. I'll check it out next time we drive it.

MuDnYrI

I know my steering wheel backlit buttons get pretty warm. I've never felt the dash controls.

x2
My steering wheel backlit buttons get warm since day 1 when I picked it up at the Dealer. So warm that I have been asked if the steeing wheel was heated.