• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

traded my H3 for a Range Rover Sport >:D

davidh3

The engine is amazing even with a base model: 5.0L V8 engine 375hp, 13mpg on road/ 18mpg on highway( I know it's not good for a non-HUMMER vehicle, I also have to use 93 gasoline)
Totally different experience on highway. RR sport is fast like a car even with a SUV body. I bet the Supercharged model must be incredible.
When I drove the RRS for the first time, I had to be very careful on the road because the V8 engine has more power than I-5 does.

RRS has adjustable 4 independent air suspensions which is pretty cool. It can either lift or drop itself by 2 inches.
With H3 I didn't care anything that's on the ground. But I damaged two RRS 20inch rims and one tire(paint damage+small tire damage):gaah: because the wheels hit a parking lot bumper( that is nothing to H3:wink: ).

Here are 3 pictures but I will upload more:

4.jpg3.jpg2.jpg

Last edited:

benlaud87

Looks pretty nice. I see a lot of those around here as well as that new little one, they both look really nice. I notice a big difference in speed as well as acceleration when I drive my wife's forester xt, it takes some getting used to. Good luck with the wheel tire issue

Green 1

Matty Patty Pookie Bear
Hope you got the extended warranty. I know several guy'that have Rovers and they complain about maintenance cost a lot. Good luck with it

atvspeed4

Congrats! I had a 2007 rangerover sport. It was an awesome vehicle. I miss it a lot. The new rangerovers are very reliable compared to the old. I only had one issue and that was a clogged sunroof drain. They are better than the h3 in every way except....I could not get myself to offroad mine. So I'm back in a h3. BTW they are faster than an 03 BMW m3....

MTUH3

Congrats on the purchase.

I have been considering a Land Rover for my next project. Something older like a Discovery or Defender.

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have several friends with those. Great for motoring around Newport Beach. As you said though, no one I know will take them offroad because everything is very expensive to fix and a good detail out here costs several hundred dollars. They usually don't have tires that are good for offroading either. Apparently even normal maintenance items like brakes are pretty expensive. They are very popular in orange County.

atvspeed4

When it comes to doing brakes upgrade to EBC brake pads best mod I did on mine. Only expensive part is they have to use a scan tool to bed the electronic emergency brake into the new rotor. I installed the new pads and rotors then had them "bed" the e brake wasnt that bad at all cost wise.

You can get goodyear MTR for them btw....

davidh3

When it comes to doing brakes upgrade to EBC brake pads best mod I did on mine. Only expensive part is they have to use a scan tool to bed the electronic emergency brake into the new rotor. I installed the new pads and rotors then had them "bed" the e brake wasnt that bad at all cost wise.

You can get goodyear MTR for them btw....

MTR tires....... they gave me both good and bad experience. The good: excellent off road performance! the bad: too much noise on road. xD.

Interior pictures of RRS:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357755043.851090.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357755120.565310.jpg

Hans3T

Lif"T"ed
Hope you like it.

If LR makes a topless Evoque that would certainly peak my interest.

Sent with Tapacrack

Hunner

Some models of those Rovers like that have aluminum block Buick engines. I have a friend that has one that came with a BMW engine. He also owns an independent British car service and I see him replace quite a few of those air bag systems with Old Man Emu springs and shocks when they fail.

davidh3

Some models of those Rovers like that have aluminum block Buick engines. I have a friend that has one that came with a BMW engine. He also owns an independent British car service and I see him replace quite a few of those air bag systems with Old Man Emu springs and shocks when they fail.

4.2 L
Jaguar AJ-V8 Supercharged V8
4.4 L Jaguar AJ-V8 V8
2.7 L Ford AJD-V6/PSA DT17 TDV6
3.6 L Ford AJD-V8 TD V8
3.0 L Ford AJD-V6/PSA DT20 TD (Since 2009)
5.0 L Jaguar AJ-V8' (Since 2009)
5.0 L Jaguar AJ-V8 Supercharged (Since 2009)

----from Wikipedia

Last edited:

davidh3

Hope you like it.

If LR makes a topless Evoque that would certainly peak my interest.

Sent with Tapacrack

Evoque is a very good vehicle!-good MPG, cool design, a lot of new tech features etc.

Last edited:

davidh3

So what are your plans for this? build it up into an offroader or keep her street?

I don't have any plan yet. But at least I know it's expensive to take care of the mess after offroading. I scratched my H3 too much, I had to pay hundreds of dollars to just buff & paint it. I sold my H3 with scratched handles, mirrors and cracked rear body side panel. I had to sell it quick so I didn't restore it to the perfect condition. Imagine if I did 100% restoration job, that would cost me more $$$$. xD
I will be really careful when I do off roading. ;)

Expendable

4.2 L
Jaguar AJ-V8 Supercharged V8
4.4 L Jaguar AJ-V8 V8
2.7 L Ford AJD-V6/PSA DT17 TDV6
3.6 L Ford AJD-V8 TD V8
3.0 L Ford AJD-V6/PSA DT20 TD (Since 2009)
5.0 L Jaguar AJ-V8' (Since 2009)
5.0 L Jaguar AJ-V8 Supercharged (Since 2009)

I think Hunner was talking about the 2003-2005 Range Rover before the Range Rover Sport even existed

BMW owned Land Rover for a while and thus the 2003-2004 Range Rover was all BMW. for 2005 Ford owned Land Rover, and the Range Rover used BMW engine but Ford wiring harness (tons of electrical problems, go figure :roll:). and 2006 was Jaguar engine, Ford wiring harness.

Hunner

Yeah I guess my response was sort of vague or general I was just pondering that fact about the Range Rovers of yesteryear lol
That sounds like a good combination for "sporting" about.

Last edited:

davidh3

Yeah I guess my response was sort of vague or general I was just pondering that fact about the Range Rovers of yesteryear lol
That sounds like a good combination for "sporting" about.

I got the info from Wikipedia. The source from Wikipedia is not always 100% reliable as anyone can upload/edit any info. But it's worth for people to take a look.:wink: