• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Suburban throttle body 168k miles (pics)

Kyle

Starting a couple of months ago my dad and I both noticed the suburban running rough and not performing very well, soo we decided to take the day and go through the engine and see what's up, first thing we came across was the dirty throttle body. Now the suburban has 168k on it, I would venture to say that the throttle body hasn't been cleaned ever. Here are the pics!
y8ygepyz.jpg
peru7u5u.jpg
bypy2equ.jpg
sasydutu.jpg
7u8utapu.jpg
e8a3y8ah.jpg
yny9abuj.jpg

Sent from some shady car dealership looking for an h3

Hunner

If that is an oiled filter you might be seeing the results of it's ability or lack thereof to properly do a good preventative job.

Kyle

Yea cleaned the MAF with MAF cleaner, let it dry, while it was drying pulled the throttle body off and cleaned it put it back on then everything else, my dad and i were both surprised how big of a difference it made! Hunner, It is an oiled K&N filter, my dad mall crawls the suburban so it doesnt really get any dust or mud sticking to it while parked or driving to and from the mall. lol

MaxPF

AGNTSA
Put the K&N in the trash where it belongs and get yourself an AEM dryflow.. It's washable, doesn't use oil, and filters better than a paper filter (and about a million times better than a K&N!). K&N's filter about as well as a screen door...

Kyle

Put the K&N in the trash where it belongs and get yourself an AEM dryflow.. It's washable, doesn't use oil, and filters better than a paper filter (and about a million times better than a K&N!). K&N's filter about as well as a screen door...

Hahaha okay! Where can I buy them?

Sent from some shady car dealership looking for an h3