• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

head light adjustment after lift?

ArtHummer

Few days ago I was driving home late at night. It was very fogy and i could not see anything. At one point I started to think if my light are on. Then i pulled in to a dark alley where fog was even more dens then on highway. And then i noticed the problem, I could see the light of the headlight reflecting in the fog and it was shining up at pretty large angle. I could not see the road, but i could see the brunches of the trees pretty good.
The question is, do you have to adjust headlight after the 3" torque adjustment?
I got the truck used and there was no records of any accidents. But I had a suspicion that it was hit in the front and the headlight where not adjusted correctly. The problem was noticed more after the lift or the lift really changes the angle allot.

08H3

Yes, you'll need to adjust them after raising the front. Lift, no lift, accident, or no accident....the reason isn't important. If they need adjusted, just go ahead and do it. Takes only a few minutes.

ArtHummer

Adjusting is not a problem and I will do it. The thing that I want to know is, was my truck in the accident before. If no one is adjusting the headlights after the lift and I'm the only person expirincing this problem, then I think it was in accident. If everyone have this issue, then I'm just paranoid.