• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Automatic Tire Deflators

rascole

Has any used automatic tire deflators? I am trying to find a faster, simpler, & more reliable way to air down the tires. I have only found 1 company that makes a kit but looking for some real world users.
20 years ago I made my own setup where I connected all 4 tires with a single hose to fill and deflate, not faster, but makes relaxing drinking a beer while you wait easier.

http://www.oasismfg.com/index.html

Steve #1

I have an ARB Deflator. I like that unlike the Stauns, it's easy to deflate to whatever pressure you want (you have to set the Stauns). While it isn't automatic, it's very simple and deflates faster than Stauns.

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have an Arb deflator also. Good piece but it is one tire at a time while the Staun's can be deflating all 4 tires at once. There are other deflators that are fine I am sure, I just haven't used them.

ArtHummer

Also if you want to deflate it faster, you can take the valve about with the valve removal tool and deflate the tire in few seconds. The only thing is that you will have to guess the pressure, and if you go lower you will have to pump it back up.

images

tomp

I use the Stauns for my first air-down but if the trail ends up more challenging, I use the ARB to go lower.

MuDnYrI

Also if you want to deflate it faster, you can take the valve about with the valve removal tool and deflate the tire in few seconds. The only thing is that you will have to guess the pressure, and if you go lower you will have to pump it back up.

images

That's why I use the ARB. The ARB removes the valve and has a pressure guage. Extremely fast although as 3HUMMERS mentioned just 1 tire at a time.

IMO ARB > all
74974-lg.jpg

Last edited:

Zach

Mall Crawler
I have the ARB that I used for a few years. It's easy to use and accurate. Only draw back is one tire at a time and you have to manually do it. Recently I bought a set of Staun's and am really happy with them. Screw them onto the valve stem and walk away