• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

New H2 Owner :-)

5gn-h3t

I traded my H3 Alpha for an 04 H2 Adventure. I've joined the dark side. :giggle: I absolutely love it. I picked it up last Tuesday. I was towing 6,000+lbs with it the other day and I could not believe how nice it pulled the weight and how well it rode.

It feels good to be on the H2 forum. :)

EDIT: It's a Lux, not an adventure. Lol. No air suspension.

Attachments

• H106900-3.jpg
    H106900-3.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 237
  • WP_000417.jpg
    WP_000417.jpg
    405.3 KB · Views: 202
  • WP_000422.jpg
    WP_000422.jpg
    506.5 KB · Views: 198
  • WP_000423.jpg
    WP_000423.jpg
    459.1 KB · Views: 205
Last edited:

5gn-h3t

Thanks to everyone. Might as well keep the screen name. I still have the T.

Truck is staying stock. I really love it. The body and interior are exceptionally clean.

First mod is fixing the wiper motor. :banghead:

twinmill28

Spilled Milk
Welcome to the big boys club! No way you couldn't love having an H2. I also traded my 3 for the deuce, so I've got some first hand knowledge of how that feels. Cool that you kept the T though!
I see it's got the newer 08-09 wheels or centers--gives it a newer look, nice

I gotta say it----"Ditch the Nerfs!"

Last edited:

twinmill28

Spilled Milk
Ahhh, my H2 was too nice too play in the woods, and that's what made it all the more fun! I figure a clay bar will get the pinstripe out and all will be good. If you don't wheel it, you'll never know what a difference it is between the 3. For me, that was night and day, it so much less dramatic that I actually enjoyed wheeling even more.
I do have to admit the nerfs on the H2 are a hundred times more functional than they were on my 3. I still wouldn't have them on my truck if somebody held a gun to my head though!

twinmill28

Spilled Milk
Yeah, my wife is 5'3" and made it clear the steps would stay on the 3. After about my fourth wheeling trip and bending the hell out of the brackets and smashing the tubes, I took them off---she still drove it.
I've had the removable U-steps on the 2 almost since we owned it but take them off occasionally--the truck looks worlds better without them. I thought the last time I had them off she'd quit driving it so much; turns out I thought wrong.
You'll be amazed at how much your wife can and will adapt just to be in the 2!
I've been watching a set of brand new U-steps on Ebay, they started at $999 and are now down to $799. That's not bad considering the steps, when H2's were sold new, sold for $400 at the dealer and I thought that was crazy.

Sircode13

Congrats on your new ride, the H2 looks great.

I wanted to remove mine of the deuce. My Asian wife said you better get me a ladder then.

It's always fun though, when I watch my Asian wife scale up into the H1, but she's starting to have trouble with her knees. At least she's small enough I can toss her in later lol.
:rolleyes: :D

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

bigbadt

Yeah, my wife is 5'3" and made it clear the steps would stay on the 3. After about my fourth wheeling trip and bending the hell out of the brackets and smashing the tubes, I took them off---she still drove it.
I've had the removable U-steps on the 2 almost since we owned it but take them off occasionally--the truck looks worlds better without them. I thought the last time I had them off she'd quit driving it so much; turns out I thought wrong.
You'll be amazed at how much your wife can and will adapt just to be in the 2!
I've been watching a set of brand new U-steps on Ebay, they started at $999 and are now down to $799. That's not bad considering the steps, when H2's were sold new, sold for $400 at the dealer and I thought that was crazy.

LOL I'm the one selling those U-steps on Ebay ! For a fellow member I'll sell them to you for $600, let me know if your interested.

twinmill28

Spilled Milk
Damn dude--$600 new is a smoking deal! I sold a set 2 months ago at $732 and very much in new condition. You'll get between $700 and $800 easy for them on the Bay but unfortunately they take their cut and then if you use Pay Pal, they also take their cut.
There was a new set listed and sold earlier this year for $999 that I tried to duplicate the sale with no luck.

bigbadt

Damn dude--$600 new is a smoking deal! I sold a set 2 months ago at $732 and very much in new condition. You'll get between $700 and $800 easy for them on the Bay but unfortunately they take their cut and then if you use Pay Pal, they also take their cut.
There was a new set listed and sold earlier this year for $999 that I tried to duplicate the sale with no luck.
Gotta take care of the forum members at that price, I'm sure I'll get help in the return when I break down own the trail. lol

5gn-h3t

I really hate how the low the steps make the 2 look but I've already had two people fall out of it, even with the steps on. Lol. Door opens, passenger disappears!

twinmill28

Spilled Milk
I really hate how the low the steps make the 2 look but I've already had two people fall out of it, even with the steps on. Lol. Door opens, passenger disappears!

Never had anybody else fall out of our deuce, but damned if every time I take the steps off I don't fall out a couple of times before I remember. Nothing like looking like a stooge getting out of your own truck!! :shame:

Savethereef

Haha I've slipped out with the step when it's wet. Snapped the seat control button clean off with the back of my belt. Pop it right back in luckily.

Green 1

Matty Patty Pookie Bear
Ahhh, my H2 was too nice too play in the woods, and that's what made it all the more fun! I figure a clay bar will get the pinstripe out and all will be good. If you don't wheel it, you'll never know what a difference it is between the 3. For me, that was night and day, it so much less dramatic that I actually enjoyed wheeling even more.
I do have to admit the nerfs on the H2 are a hundred times more functional than they were on my 3. I still wouldn't have them on my truck if somebody held a gun to my head though!

If you ever wheel the H2 you will love it. The H2 is the most capable comfortable offroad truck built. When I wheeled my H2 I was not beat at the end of the day.

5gn-h3t

I know what you mean without even taking it off-road. It soaks up bumps and ditches very smoothly. Much better than the H3. Better than anything I've ever driven.