• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

HUMMER--It's been a long road!

twinmill28

Spilled Milk
Well folks, after 10 long months and a haul that took us from San Francisco to Northeast Florida---the HUMMER dealer signs are home!
This is not a project for those with short attention spans (me) and low motivation (also me!).
It started with a bid on Ebay for a lighted dealer HUMMER sign (11 feet long and easily 300 pounds) that ended with a 26 hour road trip to pick up two of them!
Once we got them back to Utah, they waited, taking up one stall of the garage, until I finished my retirement with the Air Force and moved back here to Florida. My wife was none too happy that these signs received better packing attention than our marble topped tables during the move--the signs were treated with kid gloves!
Once in Florida, we had to get settled into the house while these signs have taken up a large amount of floor space in the garage. I got help to put one in the basement to be hung at a later date. This left one sitting on the floor in the garage, which became a large part of my motivation to get it hung and out of the way. I acquired multiple pieces of 2x2 angle iron and made the brackets to secure to the wall. I then installed a new light switch and ran wiring in the attic for the professional install. It took five guys to lift the sign and set it in place, this is not a task for the faint of heart. Everything came together perfectly, I've never done a project with this level of precision to make hanging this a painless process.
The entire process led to me building a new workbench and gaining a new drill press, in addition to fixing one of my drills that's been broken for at least ten years!
I love it when a plan comes together.
The pictures do not do this thing any justice--you've got to see this in person to believe how cool it is!

Signandfrontcornerof2.jpg

Signandfrontcornerof2wlights.jpg

Signand2.jpg

Signand2wlights.jpg

HUMMERSignGarage.jpg

Fullon2withlightsandsign.jpg

Fullon2nolightsandsign.jpg

Frontcornerof2withlightsandsign.jpg

2withlightsandsignfront.jpg

2fullonnolights.jpg

2anglewithlightsandsign-1.jpg

Bigunit

Hammer Down!
Staff member
Twinmill,
It's really good to have you back on the forum and to see that you and your family are settled in FLA. Hope to see you again some day either in FLA or AZ. The sign & your Deuce look amazing!! Great job on the garage too!

Hans3T

Lif"T"ed
You've got a wicked sweet set-up in that garage. Hope things in FL treat you well!

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
Glad you made it over. That sign is amazing. "I love it when a plan comes together" have you been watching the A-Team lately? :)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

twinmill28

Spilled Milk
To put this in perspective--look at the pic w/the workbench directly below the sign; the bench is 7 feet long and almost 3 feet wide---it looks tiny!
Thanks for the kind words----absolutely love being back in Florida; oh and about the garage being God's waiting room--almost. This is where He comes to revel in My wonder!

M

MUTAINT

Hey Jim, the HUMMER sign looks great in your garage! Glad to see you getting settled in. Don't get to pissed @ the "Floridiots" (40mph in the passing lane).

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
I noticed my house lights dime for a second yesterday - must've been when you first turned on that sign! Looks great.

erdlen65

that looks great! I need to find room in my garage for one. Ps. Congrats on the retirement and Thank you for your millitary service.