• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

SoCal Event - 2N17X - November 23rd, 2012

cbetts

NERD!!!
Once again, it is time to tackle 2N17X in SoCal! We had a lot of fun earlier this year when we took several of the optional bypasses on the way back down on 2N17.

Description: 2N17X is an challenging trail and will provide some harder challenges but still has bypasses for the more difficult areas. UCP and rock rails are not required for this trail. The trail is mostly steep hills with some off-camber sections. There will be some great opportunities for poser shots!

When: November 23, 2012

Where: Cajon, CA

Time: 10am we will be hitting the trails. We will be meeting around 9:30 to air down and a quick safety meeting. Expect a full day of trails so bring a lunch to eat while we wheel.

Meeting Spot: There is a small parking lot by the dam on Lake Silverwood just past the entry to 2N17X. :link:

Trails: 2N17X and 2N17
This is a fun and challenging trail that is fairly short, but very worth it. We will take it to the end and loop back out on 2N17. There are several off-shoots on the way back that look entertaining. :link:

Communications: CB channel 37

Weather: Temperatures have quite a range here. I recommend bringing a warm clothing in case it becomes a long night. Bring sunscreen and lots of water.

Post Trail Meal: We typically catch dinner at Claim Jumper in Rancho Cucamonga, just off the I15 on Foothill Blvd.

Confirmed Attendance:
cbetts - H3
Zach - H2
JRWid - ?
Portager - H3T
H3-ING - H3
06 H3 - H3
Kurt - H1

Possible Attendance:
Franco - H1
Mb30sdl - H2
WarMongur - H3

Last edited:

Medic_Morgan

Well pending the arrival of the new little one any day now will put me as a "possible" for this run. If she comes this week then we'll be able to attend and make the trip down to the IE for the grandparents to babysit while we wheel ;) Also Craig I have some questions for you.. I found a CB like the one you let me borrow in LCC for CHEAP(almost nothing lol), 1) how did you make the little "hook" for hanging it off the center console? 2) where did you get the cig power adapter? Thank you in advance sir and how to wheel w/ you all soon ;)

Sent from my secret lair bwaaahhahahahah

cbetts

NERD!!!
1) how did you make the little "hook" for hanging it off the center console?
It is an old Radio Shack speaker hanger. I have several extras if you want one. I am confident Radio Shack no longer carries these. Just PM me your address and one will appear in your mailbox.

(click image for larger picture)

2) where did you get the cig power adapter?
Once again, Radio Shack. They have several designs so you may find one that doesn't look like mine. Just make sure to get one that doesn't require soldering so you can do trail repairs. Poncho1965 used that CB in Laghlin where the wire broke off.

Portager

■ ☼▐▐▐▐▐▐▐ ☼■
I think it's a Black Friday run...all the crazies go into town and offroaders leave town to get away from them lol

I'm probably a no. Black Friday and retail job = no fun

So how many runs have you made since the Rancho lift? All I'm seeing are excuses! I’m just saying.

Put me down as a maybe for this one. 2N17X is now my second most favorite trail and closer to home, but I have to take my wife out to the desert before I do another off road run, plus I'm working tons of uncompensated overtime this weekend and probably next weekend. Got a bunch of people coming over for Thanksgiving dinner. I'm doing Prime Rib and Turkey in the smoker.

Portager

■ ☼▐▐▐▐▐▐▐ ☼■
I am getting my Schwartzy mounts installed tomorrow. Should be a good run to test the flex.

I hope you bring the OEM mounts along as trail spares just encase. Will you axle hit the bump stop before the shocks bottom our?

Lets see, if I work all weekend, maybe I can take my wife gold prospecting next weekend and then do 2N17X on Black Friday?

Expendable

I'm a Maybe but if I'm able go my truck won't be ready. So maybe I can ride along with someone? Would I be able to park my car in that parking lot and keep it there for the day? Would I possibly need a permit?

Zach

Mall Crawler
I am sure there will be at least one open seat. I might have one. It isn't an issue leaving your car in the parking lot and no permit is needed

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
I hope you bring the OEM mounts along as trail spares just encase. Will you axle hit the bump stop before the shocks bottom our?

They wont break...especially if the bumpstop hits em before the shock bottoms out. The chances of it breaking is greater if the shock bottoming out before you hit the bumpstop.

So how many runs have you made since the Rancho lift? All I'm seeing are excuses! I’m just saying.
Im busy, I work 25-35 hours a week on top of 15 units for school. I have wheeled a lot since the rancho lift, probably more then average amount that most people wheel. I wheeled about 7 trails in moab, rowher flats twice, drinkwater flats 3 times, last chance canyon once, gorman 2 times, local trails countless times, Dry canyon 2 times. I have been on the trail over 17 times in 11 months, the crappy part is it isnt always with H4O...dont forget John Bull! I did John Bull with H4O. I only ran with the so cal group a few times this year, ran with the moab H4O group for a week and the other 10+ times are with local wheelers.

I highly recommend the lift with the trail time I have gotten so far.

Medic_Morgan

It is an old Radio Shack speaker hanger. I have several extras if you want one. I am confident Radio Shack no longer carries these. Just PM me your address and one will appear in your mailbox.

(click image for larger picture)

Thanks Craig. I'll PM you my addy. As for the CB, I got it brand new off a guy for $15! I don't know their exact retail at the moment but that one you let me borrow was perfect size for my need and performed great. Now I just need to decide on an antenna and maybe find an external speaker. Kinda wanna hear all the trash talk on the trail haha

Sent from my secret lair bwaaahhahahahah

Zach

Mall Crawler
Uh grasshopper, Mike asked how many times you have wheeled since the lift. Not how much you have wheeled. As I recall, you were not lifted in Moab. Remember mine is bigger than yours pic with the t bar crank? Haha! Not to mention, I think he was messing with you

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
Uh grasshopper, Mike asked how many times you have wheeled since the lift. Not how much you have wheeled. As I recall, you were not lifted in Moab. Remember mine is bigger than yours pic with the t bar crank? Haha

That's all the times since the rancho lift and I was lifted in Moab lol

Portager

■ ☼▐▐▐▐▐▐▐ ☼■
They wont break...especially if the bumpstop hits em before the shock bottoms out. The chances of it breaking is greater if the shock bottoming out before you hit the bumpstop.

Now you jinxed it. I'm just saying they are new parts untested at full articulation as far as I know. Bringing along the old mounts is a reasonable precaution.

Im busy, I work 25-35 hours a week on top of 15 units for school. I have wheeled a lot since the rancho lift, probably more then average amount that most people wheel. I wheeled about 7 trails in moab, rowher flats twice, drinkwater flats 3 times, last chance canyon once, gorman 2 times, local trails countless times, Dry canyon 2 times. I have been on the trail over 17 times in 11 months, the crappy part is it isnt always with H4O...dont forget John Bull! I did John Bull with H4O. I only ran with the so cal group a few times this year, ran with the moab H4O group for a week and the other 10+ times are with local wheelers.

I highly recommend the lift with the trail time I have gotten so far.

The unsubstantiated trips with loco wheelers don't count. I’ve only see you once this year and you limped home from LCC. I'm working 60 hours a week and maintaining 2 homes. Stop your winning!

I just like yanking your chain. The jury is still out in my mind on the lift. I think it accelerates wear out. In my case, I'm still under warranty and I’ve decided to buy the extended warranty, so there could be warranty issues. Plus it would make it harder for my wife to get in.

cbetts

NERD!!!
I am running an external speaker on mine. I placed it on the left side of the dash. :link:

It is a little big but it has better sound than most speakers. I removed the bracket and used velcro to hold it in place.

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
I can't comment on wear as I'm not sure if its age or not. Wearable items like the half shafts and diff brace bushings may be from age. My pass side cv tore a boot. That's original back from 05 with 97k miles on it. Many tear or destroy half shafts before that my driver side was replaced around 50k when I broke it and its perfectly fine now. Diff brace bushings ones shot...it's old. Once everything is replaced we can test that out