• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Texas its time to wheel!!

Calamitygirl

Born to Wheel
Hey Texas, Oklahoma and Louisiana, or anyone else that wants to the weather is beautiful let's get a day trip going to Bridgeport, Texas!

Post up what Saturday in November is good for you and we will get something going. Its been way too long. Some of us didn't make Moab this last time and we are going into withdrawal!

Looking foward to seeing everyone for a day playing in the ole rock quarry at Bridgeport!

Candi

frumaker

I am interested in going and any weekend should work for me. Let me know when and ill start working on getting the off-road pass that's needed.

Calamitygirl

Born to Wheel
Saturday November 24, 2012 Bridgeport it is! Texas offroad permits available to buy on site for $16.00.

Mudiak can you guys make it an overnight trip and camp or something?

Can't wait to see the Bros and meet our new members.
Matt just got back so he will chime in soon hopefully.

Here's the link http://cityofbridgeport.net/index.aspx?nid=322

FYI: Bridgeport only takes CASH and CHECKS no credit cards.

Last edited:

Steve #1

Leave it to Candi to get lost and post in the wrong place. Can someone move it for her.

I'm good for that Saterday as long as I get some time between now and then to replace front end parts. There is algo Barnwell Mountin. I haven't been there in a while and it's a lot closer for the guys to the east.

Calamitygirl

Born to Wheel
Leave it to Candi to get lost and post in the wrong place. Can someone move it for her.

I'm good for that Saterday as long as I get some time between now and then to replace front end parts. There is algo Barnwell Mountin. I haven't been there in a while and it's a lot closer for the guys to the east.

I'm not lost and I was responding to Mudiak's post. Barnwell is a long way for a day trip...and did you forget all the carnage the last time we were there. Unfortunately we will never please everyone no matter what we decide to do. Can't wait to see everyone... :)

Steve #1

I'm not lost and I was responding to Mudiak's post. Barnwell is a long way for a day trip...and did you forget all the carnage the last time we were there. Unfortunately we will never please everyone no matter what we decide to do. Can't wait to see everyone... :)

Carnage = A half shaft and a front diff + another diff that died later due to its injuries but in the times I've been out there that's the only carnage I can remember.

With TAPDH3T and
Mudiak coming from the east it's about 1.5 hrs for them to Barnwell Mountin and about 2.5 from Dallas. For me, Bridgeport is 1.5 Hrs but for them would be close to 5. I'm fine with Bridgeport. I just thought Gilmer would work better for the other guys.

BTW: Bridgeport has changed quite a bit since you were last out there.

Green 1

Matty Patty Pookie Bear
Carnage = A half shaft and a front diff + another diff that died later due to its injuries but in the times I've been out there that's the only carnage I can remember.

With TAPDH3T and Mudiak coming from the east it's about 1.5 hrs for them to Barnwell Mountin and about 2.5 from Dallas. For me, Bridgeport is 1.5 Hrs but for them would be close to 5. I'm fine with Bridgeport. I just thought Gilmer would work better for the other guys.

I do want to go to Barnwell also but my schedule is such a mess right now I cannot plan anything more than a week out. Carnage is a fact of life if you offroad long enough and hard enough it happen.

As far as Bridgeport goes it is fine with me also.

Calamitygirl

Born to Wheel
We haven't been back to Barnwell because we keep hearing they aren't maintaining the trails. Also many of their trails are too narrow for an H-1. Let's plan on Bridgeport this time and Barnwell next.

Calamitygirl

Born to Wheel
I'm all in! Can we set the time and other details?

Let's meet at 9AM in the parking lot, 9:15 Driver's meeting and get on the trail by 9:30 AM.
Every Thursday its posted on the park website whether or not the park will be open that w/end.

Please PM me if you don't have my cell number if you are going to be late, etc. :)

Calamitygirl

Born to Wheel
Here's the link http://cityofbridgeport.net/index.aspx?nid=322

FYI: Bridgeport only takes CASH and CHECKS no credit cards.

9:15 AM Driver's Meeting in staging area.

Remember to bring food/water and CB radios!
They have bathroom facilities and air compresser to make our day much more enjoyable! lol

Please post up if you are planning to go on Saturday to Bridgeport, and email if you don't have my cell number please.

Calamitygirl
frumaker
SickstringC
3Hummers
Green1
Steve#1

P.S. This might be a good time to kidnap Gunner!! :wink:

The Park will be open on
Saturday, November 24th and Sunday, November 25th.

Last edited: