• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Should I get a brush guard

Should I get a brush guard

• Get the brush guard

Votes: 35 87.5%
  • Keep it clean looking

Votes: 5 12.5%

• Total voters

JoshuaL

NEVERENDING ADDICTION
Hey Guys I've been thinking of getting a brush guard lately and I was going to get ya'lls take on it. I do go off roading so I think it would help with limbs and debrie. I just go back and forth on it. Any thoughts would help.

Thank JoshuaL

012.jpg

kflips

If you are in mud, rutted areas, or go down slick hills with trees along the trail something to protect the front end is a must in my opinion.

JoshuaL

NEVERENDING ADDICTION
no brush guard we can't look exactly a like:giggle:. I have the thorparts bumpers waiting on me. yeah good idea go with the bull bar

Yeah stop copying me especially before I do mine. Haha. If I get a brush guard I will make sure not to get the one you have. By the way good looking H3.

JoshuaL

TrailBreaker

Hey Josh,
I have a couple of factory GM H3 grill guards here at the shop if youre looking for one. I would make you a good deal on one if your interested. We would love to get rid of them.

Jason
TrailBreaker

Portager

■ ☼▐▐▐▐▐▐▐ ☼■
Yes, that color matched grille is looking pretty vulnerable to me.

I recommend getting the square tube grille guard off an H3x:). It matches the lines of the grille perfectly so it maintains the clean look. You could keep the chrome until it gets scratched up and then coat it with bed liner or go straight to the bed liner.

5gn-h3t

I agree with Portager.

I've pushed over some relatively large things with the stock plastic chrome grille but would hesitate very much before doing the same with a color matched grille.

The H3x brush guard has real nice lines but is too flashy.

I vote H3x brush guard with some black paint or bed liner.

JoshuaL

NEVERENDING ADDICTION
Ok so I guess Im going to get one and if i am I may as well go all out. I think i'm going to get a RealWheels black wrap around S.S. brush guard. The only problem is the cheapest I can fine it is $2,600 and thats on sale. If you guys know of a good and cheap place PLEASE tell.

realwheels brushguard.jpg

Thanks JoshuaL

Bigunit

Hammer Down!
Staff member
JoshuaL,
My friend and I spent the entire afternoon today looking at & test driving an '06 H2 that he is interested in buying (what a way to spend a Monday afternoon). It has a RealWheels black wrap around brush guard like the H3 version in the pic above. Man, is that a great brushguard.

I had never seen one of these up close. The fabrication is excellent! I'm sure you will be real happy with it if you get one.

TXH3T

Although I have to say I LOVE THAT BRUSH GUARD I would not purchase it. I looked into it and chose the ARB for three reasons not including price. 1. if you hit anything large (animals especially) That thing is going to crush into your truck. My arb has taken two deer impacts at 55+ and has basically no damage. 2. Most brushguards (depending on where they attach) can interfere with airbag deployment sensors. ARB specifically designs brushgaurds to keep the sensors and not effect the crumble points. If I hit something hard I dont want my airbags deploying late or not at all. 3. Maybe im wrong on this but I havent seen one of those with a winch on it. I like that the ARB not only has a winch mount but that it is protected inside the bumper. Plus half the price (including install) never hurts to sway me. Once again this is just my opinion as I have never seen one of those other guards in person. Im sure the other one would be awesome as well

08SolarFlareH3

Super Swampers
Ok so I guess Im going to get one and if i am I may as well go all out. I think i'm going to get a RealWheels black wrap around S.S. brush guard. The only problem is the cheapest I can fine it is $2,600 and thats on sale. If you guys know of a good and cheap place PLEASE tell.

View attachment 1136

Thanks JoshuaL
IMHO while the realwheels unit you posted is cool, I don't think it will go with the open look of the Thorparts bumper. I think it will look wierd with all the coverage up top and non down bottom. Thats why I suggested going with just the Thorparts bull bar. Just my 2 cents.

*edit, maybe skip the brush guard for now and put the money toward a winch for that Thorparts bumper?

Last edited:

JoshuaL

NEVERENDING ADDICTION
IMHO while the realwheels unit you posted is cool, I don't think it will go with the open look of the Thorparts bumper. I think it will look wierd with all the coverage up top and non down bottom. Thats why I suggested going with just the Thorparts bull bar. Just my 2 cents.

*edit, maybe skip the brush guard for now and put the money toward a winch for that Thorparts bumper?

Yeah, I do know what you mean with the coverage up top and not on the bottom. But there is alot of guys with thorparts bumper that are running full size brush guards and they look good to me. I know not quite as full size as the realwheels brush guard. I wish some one had one near me so I could try it out. I do like the thorparts bull bar but I go down alot of tight trails and there is not alot of protection with the bull bar. O I am going to get a winch to.

JoshuaL

JoshuaL

NEVERENDING ADDICTION
08SolarFlareH3, Sorry I just came up with a photo of a H1 with a brush guard that is like the one from realwheels. That is the closest thing I can come up with that has coverage up top and not on the bottom. I still think it looks good. If you can't tell I'm trying to convince you to like the way it looks :) Haha. What do you think? Honestly
H1.jpg
JoshuaL