• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Black Sheep Comments Needed

bebe

http://www.blm.gov/ut/st/en/fo/moab/JeepSafari2012.html

Easter Jeep Safari 5 year permit includes some new trail, and keeps old trails open.

Maybe we can send them all to F5 and he can hand deliver them for us :giggle:

The Moab Field Office of the Bureau of Land Management has prepared an Environmental Assessment (EA) concerning the renewal of the Red Rock 4-Wheelers Jeep Safari and Fall Campout 10 Year Special Recreation Permit. In addition, the EA analyzes other permitted, non-competitive motorized use of Jeep Safari routes. Private use of these routes is not included in the analysis. A public comment period is being conducted on the Environmental Assessment.
[h=5]The comment period ends November 30, 2012[/h]
Before including your address, phone number, e-mail address, or other personal identifying information in your comment, you should be aware that your entire comment – including your personal identifying information – may be made publicly available at any time. While you can ask us in your comment to withhold your personal identifying information from public review, we cannot guarantee that we will be able to do so.

statics.0.gif

LagunaH1

I haven't read the entire EA but I *have* read portions of it. My impressions are that the EA is generally in favor of renewing the permit, and it seems that the organizers of the Jeep safari are really doing a lot do "do the right thing", which I think is very very cool.

bebe

Yes, the BLM shows it as favorable in the document - but keep in ind there are many on the other side writing in in opposition. It's just a good idea for us to write a letter of support.

f5moab

Mr. Beretta
Every 10 years, one is required.

Only for commercial permits and pertains to all permits not just the Jeep events.

Iran and Israel would make peace before these trails are closed for commercial purposes. Heck, the BLM prefers commerical groups, they tend to police the areas better and make sure everyone stays on trail.