• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

88 Samurai Crawler.

jakesz28

Throwing this out here incase anyone close has some Toyota axles or a VW diesel. I'm going full on buggy with this one. I'm stretching the front and rear wheelbase. The front is going to be a 3 link with coil overs.
This has been in my drive way for a couple years without being driven. Before that I used this Sammy for a low dollar driver back and forth to work. It was distend to be the parts vehicle for the last Sammy I built.
That one sat on 34" ltb swampers. With a 16 valve 1.6L engine and dual transfer cases. Never broke it it and sold it to soon.
But this one is going to be better and a keeper.

HUMMERADDICT

I really have enjoyed the Sammy that Xtreme 4x4 has built. All aluminum with a VW diesel and 40's I believe.

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have run with a number of Samuri trucks. Funds to watch and easy to roll back over onto their rubber also. Looking forward to the build.

jakesz28

I just got back to Iowa but I will be on the road again shortly. I might have a lead on a mighty max diesel. I just missed a full on Sammy Crawler that was already built.
With some of the built ones I may try to pick one up one that someone else already threw crazy cash at. Looking at another one right now on Dana 44 's out of a jeep wagoner.