• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

I may have saved another couple souls to the Hummer side.

crank

The Master Blaster!
I was at the hospital last night, with the wife (she's fine now), when a Nurse was asking people in the hallway, "Is that your Yellow Hummer in the parking lot?" She said a lady wants to see me about the Hummer. I walked out and this lady was all upset saying "I backed into your Hummer. I'm so sorry". She said "I don't know how I could miss seeing a big Yellow Hummer"!
As I walked out there, I saw my baby with broken rear taillight glass on the ground with other plastic and steel parts scattered around. The funny part was, none of those parts were mine! My H2 didn't have a scratch! She drove a big beautiful black Lincoln Navigator (with a Soccer Mom sticker in her back window). Her right taillight, and rear side was smashed in quiet a bit. It was drivable but looked real expensive. She must have been backing up pretty fast.
She had called the cops to file a report. When the cop asked her what she backed into, she pointed at the H2. The cop said "Where did you hit it"? She couldn't tell him where. In fact, he couldn't believe it and asked her if she was sure it was my H2! The funniest part of this was, he told her she should go out and buy a Hummer. He told her, he is! All I could do was smile and nod.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Pappibri

Great, tell her to buy a HUMMER when she has proven that she can't drive a Lincoln Navigator. Just what we need, another crappy driver. Should have told her to ride a bus instead.

:funny I love your style.. Your right, heaven help the next poor souls vehicle she hits if she goes out and buys a Hummer..

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
In the couple of incidents I have had where people ran into one of the Hummers I suffered no damage. Always interesting to watch them go back and forth checking their car's damage and then watching them trying to find damage on yours.

Last edited:

skeptic

.... this lady was all upset saying "I backed into your Hummer. I'm so sorry". She said "I don't know how I could miss seeing a big Yellow Hummer"!
Completely unrelated but years ago a friend's girlfriend backed into a parked semi in a big mostly open parking lot. She didn't see it or even know the semi was there. :confused: At least at a hospital I can understand if the lady was worried and distracted by whatever reason she was at the hospital.

Paladine71

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Anyone remember this from last year's ROTM on the other forum?

Hummer - 1

P1010085.jpg

Other - 0

P1010082.jpg

P1010083.jpg

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
James that is exactly what happened in one of my incidents. I was on the 405 in stop and go traffic and this lady in a Honda slid under the rear of my H2. It broke the aluminum flip down step I had in the rear receiver but not another scratch on the H2. The receiver plowed a groove right up the middle of her hood, destroyed her radiator, bumper, hood, etc. Her car wasn't drivable. There was a motorcycle cop writing a ticket on the side of the road that saw the whole thing. He asked me if I was ok, had any damage or wanted to file a report. When I said no he told me I could leave. He laughing told me that when you guys in Hummers hit stuff you tend to destroy it and suffer very little damage. When I called USAA to let them know what happened just so they were on notice the lady said almost the exact same thing. She said insurance on Hummers was high not because we tended to suffer a lot of damage in wrecks, just because we tended to destroy whatever we hit or hit us. :)