• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Disaster Avoided..............

Chook

I was under my H3 this afternoon just happened to notice a rock in the drain of the fuel tank bash plate.

Try as hard as I could I couldn't get it through the hole so I got the socket out and took the bash plate off (only 4 bolts, 2 fwd + 2 rear, the one closest the diff goes down whereas the other 3 go up).

Got this rock out of there as well as a couple of other small ones.

IMG-20120925-00111.jpg

Would not have taken long for this big one to get jammed in there somewhere and start chewing into the H3's plastic fuel tank.

If you have time on your hands might be a worthwhile check every now & again :thumbs:

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
I generally play on the big rocks but item noted. I have never seen a rock jammed in there but I will check more often now.

Chook

Looking at the rock that came out I think I picked it up while doing the Condamine River crossing about 4 weeks ago with my new tyres.

http://www.queenslandholidays.com.a...o/condamine-gorge-14-river-crossing/index.cfm

We took it easy on the first pass through the 14 crossings as a recon but decided to go back through them again on our way home & have some fun on a couple we knew were safe.

Water went everywhere and daresay the big tread in the new tyres picked up a few of the river rocks on the way.

IMG_2136.jpgIMG_2142.jpg

Last edited: