• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

H4O Gold Mountain in Big Bear September 15

Zach

Mall Crawler
Our next So Cal trip will be Saturday September 15th. We will be running Gold Mountain. Gold Mountain is a fairly easy trail. There are a few technical spots on the trail.

Time: At 9:30am sharp we will be leaving the Discovery Center to journey over to the trailhead. We plan on getting started on the trail by 10 after airing down at the trailhead. If you miss us at the Discovery Center head east on Hwy 38 which will turn into Hwy 18 to meet us at the trailhead. Expect a full day of trails so bring a lunch to eat while we wheel.

Meeting Spot: We will be meeting at the Big Bear Discovery Center on the North Shore of Big Bear Lake. The Discovery Center is located at 40971 North Shore Dr. (which is Hwy 38) in the town Fawnskin, which is just on the north side of Big Bear Lake across the water from the town of Big Bear.

If taking Hwy 38: You will need to get to where the I-215 meets the I-10. From there, take the I-10 E and take the TENNESSEE STREET exit and turn LEFT, then go 0.4 mi and turn RIGHT on W LUGONIA AVE which is Hwy 38. Take this highway all the way to the back side of Big Bear. You will come to a stop sign where you will turn left onto E. Big Bear Blvd (Still Hwy 38). In Big Bear, turn right on Green Way Dr. (this is before the lake), which is the continuation of Hwy 38. Then turn left on North Shore Dr which is also Hwy 38. Go about 2 miles and the Discovery Center will be on the right. If you go into the town of Fawnskin, you have a gone a couple miles too far. If you miss Greenway Dr. and get deeper into Big Bear, you can turn right on Standfield Cutoff which takes you across Big Bear Lake. Then turn left and follow the above directions.

Communications: We will be on CB channel 37

Time permitted, looks like we will also be running Heartbreak Ridge. This should be a fun and exciting day.

If anybody wants to meet for breakfast, I will be up in Big Bear around 8:00 am. The Log Cabin 39976 Big Bear Blvd

Attendance
Zach - H2
Portager - H3T
Sethsjk -jk
3hummers - H1
Sierra H3 - H3
Warmongur - H3
H3-ING - H3
Sircode13 - H1

Possible
JonBishop - H3
H1

Last edited:

Zach

Mall Crawler
Time permitted for this run, we will also be running Heartbreak Ridge. We should be able to make it no problem from who has responded so far.

cbetts

NERD!!!
HBR has a warm place in my heart since it was my first run with the club. Would someone mind grabbing a GPS track from this along with Gold Mountain? I need to add it to my archives. TIA.

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
Im a maybe...if I can get the day off work and if I can test the spring over locally first to make sure there are no issues

cbetts

NERD!!!
You should be fine. Seth will be leading us through Heart Break Ridge

Seth got me through Halfshaft Hill on Heartbreak Ridge unscathed:
6453_126200646895_6002118_n.jpg

6453_126200661895_1931834_n.jpg