• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Nitto Trail Grapplers M/T?

jakesz28

Who's running them and what do you think about them? The shop I stopped at said it was a tight choice between them and the km2's. I ordered the nittos hope they work well.

EDIT. I did a search here and only seen 2 threads came up.

M22KLARS

Unsafe At Any Speed
I don't want to spew misinformation but I seem to recall some threads (maybe on the other site) where people were having problems with them or didn't like them.... I swear there was something but I could be wrong.

And it's not a biased answer but I LOVED my KM2's.

LagunaH1

I ran Nitto Terra Grappler's for a few years on my H3 and they worked very well, did everything I asked of them and then some. I did find that their sidewall was very rigid and didn't flex much when I aired down.

jakesz28

Thanks for the link. I choose these over the km2's just because I thought they had a little siping or what ever the small cuts are to help in the snow. The reviews looked good at that link.

jakesz28

I got the tires installed. They make a little noise down the highway and ride stiffer. I do like them so far got to test them this weekend. This was the second time I drove up this rock. The first time I dropped over it and the a arm got hung up. So I had to winch myself off it and was laughing the hole time. Even tested the OEM rock rails as they got dragged over the rock.

Note to self by lockers.

photobucket-14227-1345158962375.jpg

photobucket-47034-1345159078258.jpg

Last edited:

TAPDH3T

These are awesome tires.. I plan on getting the Mud Grapplers as soon as I get my lift.. I like the hum they have on the road!!!!

jakesz28

Tested them on the trails at the cliffs insane off-road park. The tires did great. Never had to open the throttle to go any where. Climbed the hills with ease. Some of the deeper holes I straddled to stop from dragging the spring hangers thru. Even in 4 low when it was 3 wheeling with out lockers you could feel the ABS kick in and lock the brakes on the tires that were spinning. So even though the stabilitrac said it was off it was still working.

jakesz28

Yeh. The mud there is clay based and hard in the bottom. At other times it may be worse there. I know a spot about 60 minutes from the quad cities that is soupy at the end of august even if it hadn't rainied for 30 days. I'm not going there with this thing though. I gave up must of those needs years ago. LOL.
Someone always needed a tow there.