• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

We have water!!!

bhave232

Well I was hoping that I wouldnt have this issue like I have read in other posts but it has happened. Haha. I washed my blueberry saturday after a long day of playing at the beach and on the way home I noticed water dripping from in from of the passenger visor where the winshield and the roof linner meet. :whaa: The first thing I do is pull in the driveway and hang my head and say a few choice words. lol. That always seems to make me feel better. Anyways I felt the liner in front of the visor and it was moist and I noticed where the passenger Oh Sh#t handle is there is a water stain above it. So I just shook my head and went inside. Haha. I know there have been issues with the roof mounted lights but I havent attempted to jack with them yet. Any pointers would help as I am going into this one blind. On a different subject the little piece of plastic on the passenger side winshield is rattling like crazy. lol. Put some silicone at the bottom hoping that would stop it but sure enough it didnt. So im going to seal that baby up and feel sorry for whoever the guy is that will have to replace my winshield one day. :) Hope everyone is having a great day. Thanks in advance for the help with the water leakage.

Brandon

Big2dabank

Most likely its the Roof marker lights. They are notorious for leaking, the seals dry rot and let water in. It's an easy fix, pop them out and use some black rtv silicone and it will take care of the problem.

Scarsman

Sponsor
Mine did it last winter. For me it was the drain tubes plugged with pine needles. The "tray" at the front of the opening overflowed and the water ran across the top of the headliner and down the A pillars. Cleaned out the tubes and it's all good again!

autumn walker

Mine did it last winter. For me it was the drain tubes plugged with pine needles. The "tray" at the front of the opening overflowed and the water ran across the top of the headliner and down the A pillars. Cleaned out the tubes and it's all good again!

Sunroof or are there drain tubes for the channels under the marker lights as well?

bhave232

So I looked for the drain tubes but could not find them. :/ If someone could take pictures of what they are talking about that would make my day. haha.

cbetts

NERD!!!
See if this helps:
2012-01-15_11-57-38_280.jpg

2012-01-15_11-58-02_157.jpg

bhave232

Hell yea bro. Thanks for the help. It rained a ton this last weekend so I just had to go drive through it. Had a wave going over my hummer and then I saw water leaking. Haha.

bhave232

Checked the drain holes. It is clean up there with no obstructions. I didnt put air through them or anything. Im guessing its coming through the cab lights. I massaged them a bit to try and get it off but had no luck. I have yet to order the owners/maintenance manual to show me all of the secrets. hehe. So if you know something I dont know which you probably do please fill a brother in. Haha. Thanks

ricomondo

HI,

To get those marker lights out; ( the middle ones front and rear) not the outboard (corner) lights, there is a post on one side and the other side is a post that looks like a backwards 4. You have to use a small flat blade screwdriver to pry inward and up and the whole light housing will come out.

here's a link to a guy on ebay selling new gaskets http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hummer-H2-R...Parts_Accessories&hash=item519eb1fbfd&vxp=mtr ( also if you look at the pix of the light in this auction, you can see the posts im talking about )

Same guy also has the gaskets for the corner outboard lights in a seperate auction.

Not sure if I'd put silicone on there. May be a temp. fix. but new gaskets are sure to work the first time! Good luck!

BTW- Im in Crown Point. Nice to see another Indiana owner on here!

Last edited:

bhave232

I tried to purchase the gaskets but paypal wont accept my debit card. POS!!! Haha. I dont have a credit card so I guess im going to make my own gaskets and see what happens.

bhave232

I bought some marker light gaskets from a guy on ebay and got them in a couple of days ago. All four off for 40 bucks. Not a bad deal I think. Im going to install them this weekend and put the water hose to them. Ill let yall know how it goes. Hopefully this will work. If not im just going to silicone the whole mothertrucker. hahaha. Just kiddin. Maybe. :hack::grind::weld:

Spydrdrvr

I bought brand new cab lights with new housings and gaskets from 4wheelparts.com for $65. The lights look great and fit great. It stopped the leaking from the cab lights, but I still have a leak at the pillars. Supposedly there is a drain hole under the corner plastic trim on the roof at the front. I have been told that if you run a coat hanger, very carefully, through this drain hole it will clear it out. This is another very likely cause of the leak at the pillars. I am hoping to find time to do this to mine this weekend. If so, I will take pics of it and post them.

bhave232

Well i finally got around to changing the gaskets on my corner marker lights yesterday. There was alot of leaves and stuff under the plastic trim that I had to clean out. I did some expert silicone jobs also. Haha. The rubber grommet that the wire for the light goes through in the cab was quite loose so I pulled it out and put silicone around it. I did not see any type of drain hole under the corner plastic piece. I also did not take any pictures whick I apologize for. My bad. Haha. Anyways I will update just as soon as we get some rain down here in south texas. Which its looking like might be a while. SPYDRDRVR if you find that ghost drain hole up top let me know. That might be it if there is one.