• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Scam??

HUMMER INVESTMENTS

[o O IIIIIIII O o]
I just recieved this from the person who would like to buy our H1. Reason I dont automatically think its a scam, is because she wants to use paypal to keep it secure from both of us. But here is the message:

Thanks for the prompt response am ready to buy it now as a gift for my Son,I am at sea at the moment as i am a marine engineer and due to the nature of my Job.....phone calls making and visiting of website are restricted but i squeezed out time to check this advert and send you an email regarding it. I really want it to be a surprise for my son i wont let him know anything about it until it gets delivered to him, i am sure he will be more than happy with it. I insisted on paypal because i don't have access to my bank account online as i don't have internet banking, but i can pay from my paypal account, as i have my bank a/c attached to it,Get back to me with your paypal email and the price so i can proceed with the payment quickly or you sign-up for a paypal personal account www.paypal.com it is very fast and easy to set up. I have a pick up agent that will come and pick it up after i have made the payments.

H32NV

paypal is pretty dang safe, but id still do some more investigating as a precaution. where is the drop off for the truck?

Zach

Mall Crawler
I would say scam. Can take the time to write an email but can't call. And not having the account linked to the Internet although it is linked to the paypal account?

MaxPF

AGNTSA
Depending on the mood I'm in, I would either trash the message, or open a bogus gmail account and screw with the scammer for a while. It really depends on whether you need the entertainment :)

MuDnYrI

Scam for sure!! There are lot's of PayPal Scams going on now. If you can't produce a shipping document PayPal will refund the $ to the buyer

twinmill28

Spilled Milk
If you really think this is a scam, I will handle the transaction for you. I will ensure safe transfer of your HUMMER to the purchaser and process their payment to your account.
For the most efficiency, I need your bank account number, social security number, date of birth and a 14 digit credit card number plus the last 3 numbers off the back of the card.
I will have a driver pick up your HUMMER and prepare it for shipping, which includes a full detail and tank of gas.
The funds will process securely thru my bank in Switzerland and transfer to you within days of our agreement.
Let me know how you want to proceed.

:wink:

Pappibri

I sell alot of stuff on Ebay using Pay Pal.. Pay Pal protects the buyer and not the seller.. There are way to many scammers out there.. For instance.. Say joe needed some rare part for his H1. He bought a H1 off of Bill.. He gets the H1 he bought, switches parts and then makes a claim saying that it is not in the condition in the add,, blah blah blah....So Pay Pal makes you take your merchandise back and refund the money... Now you got a bunch of junk on your H1.... Something like that happened to me, but it only involved merchandise valued at 100 dollars, not a big of deal as it would be for you.. Smart of you to be wary, I say it has SCAM written all over it...:no:

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
Best thing to do is hit delete. Fun thing to do is tell him when his cashier's check has cleared the transaction account that you set up and the funds then transferred to your actual account you will release the truck. Oh by the way, your fees for doing this are $5000.00 and there is a $1000.00 poor spelling fee, a $2500.00 PayPal fee and a $5000.00 inconvienence fee for you. So for $13,500.00 over your asking price you will complete the transaction...on your terms.

Last edited:

MaxPF

AGNTSA
If you really think this is a scam, I will handle the transaction for you. I will ensure safe transfer of your HUMMER to the purchaser and process their payment to your account.
For the most efficiency, I need your bank account number, social security number, date of birth and a 14 digit credit card number plus the last 3 numbers off the back of the card.
I will have a driver pick up your HUMMER and prepare it for shipping, which includes a full detail and tank of gas.
The funds will process securely thru my bank in Switzerland and transfer to you within days of our agreement.
Let me know how you want to proceed.

:wink:

I know a Nigerian gentleman than can handle this sort of thing as well. :thumbs:

is350

so I'm selling my h3x wheels on craigslist and i got a response from someone who "wants to strike a deal" but i thought the message was pretty similar to this one ....
Good to hear back from you.

"I'm okay with the price and the condition.
Presently, I am always busy at work and do not
have much time around me to make or answer calls. Moreover, I would have loved
to call but our satellite server has been down in recent days which
restricts our calls. I will be paying you through PayPal as it is the
only Medium at which i can send Payment at the Moment.
I would appreciate if you email me with more pictures (if available) too
since i won't be be able to see this in person. And if you don't have a
PayPal account, It's pretty easy to set up a PayPal account at
www.paypal.com . it's just a few minutes away from signing up. it's
safe and secure for both Parties and i have been using PayPal to buy
and sell for years now without problems. Pls get back to me with your
PayPal email so i
can proceed with the payment and contact the Pick up Agent who will
come for the Pick up of the item.
I will need these following details so i can proceed with the payment right away

1:Your PayPal e-Mail Address
2: Home Address

As soon as you get back to me with your PayPal email, I'll proceed
with full Payment. I look forward to reading from you soon.

Regards
Victoria"