• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

08SolarFlareH3 2008 Hummer H3 Build Thread

08SolarFlareH3

Super Swampers
2008 Hummer H3 - Solar Flare Metallic
Boulder Accessories Front Winch Bumper
Blue Seas Battery Switch
OEM 2006-2007 Front Skid Plate
Matte Black Grille Letters
Color Matching Grille
OEM Hummer H2 Off Road Lights w/ OEM H3 Lower Grille Lights Switch & Harness
Sylvania Silverstar Headlight, Fog Light, and Off Road Light Bulbs
Cadillac A C D F Note Horns
OEM Hummer H2 Hood Handles
Air Doc Intake
ARB Safari Snorkel
GM Accessories Front Mud Flaps
GM Accessories Roof Marker Lights
GM Accessories Rocker Panel Protectors
GM Accessories Under Body Shield
OEM Hummer H3T Steel Wheels
315/75R16 Interco Super Swamper Irok ND
Daystar Dash Tray
Sun Company Lev-o-gage
4' Firestik II CB Antenna w/ K-4A Mount and K-8A Fire Flex Cable
Cover King Ballistic Front and Rear Seat Covers
Timbren Front Bump Stops
Thorparts Rear Bumper w/ 2nd D-Ring
Warrior Products Spare Tire License Plate Mount
RealWheels Fuel Door
GM Performance Touring Exhaust w/ Tips Powdercoated Matte Black
GM Accessories H3T Tool Boxes
GM Accessores Tail Light Trim
and anything else I might have forgot

SAM_0478.jpg

SAM_0476.jpg

SAM_0474.jpg

SAM_0483.jpg

SAM_0481.jpg

SAM_0489.jpg

Last edited:

08SolarFlareH3

Super Swampers
Now I think we are up to date. Everything else with the exception of one or two items is sitting here and waiting to be installed :sigh:.

Got a little present coming Saturday after two months of patiently waiting. Huge thanks to Amanda for the heads up on a deal of a life time! :link:
KGrHqJHJCgE-e1UonNBPsBBou1g60_58.jpg

KGrHqJlIE-lL02juvBPsBB1G0g60_58.jpg

I think it was on eBay a whole 45 minutes :wink:

Last edited:

BW_Hummer H3

I was searching on the internet and saw where you were getting a BA shiped, I was hoping that you were the Corey that it was getting shiped to! Congrats I know you been looking for one a long time.:klink

Also I can't wait to see all the mods you've been hording go on your truck!:)

Last edited:

08SolarFlareH3

Super Swampers
I was searching on the internet and saw where you were getting a BA shiped, I was hoping that you were the Corey that it was getting shiped to! Congrats I know you been looking for one a long time.:klink

Also I can't wait to see all the mods you've been hording go on your truck!:)
Thanks BW. My uncle lives in Indiana and meet the seller half way for me. He is visiting this weekend and will be bring it with him. I been looking for a BA for over a year now, missed out on one or two but I guess this one was meant to be :). Going to test fit it this weekend and then I will sand blast it and weld the brush guard on. Then it will be sent out to be powder coated to match my Thorparts rear bumper. As for the hordes of parts, its about time they go on...instead of spending there time in my closet :wink:

Last edited:

BW_Hummer H3

Thanks BW. My uncle lives in Indiana and meet the seller half way for me. He is visiting this weekend and will be bring it with him. I been looking for a BA for over a year now, missed out on one or two but I guess this one was meant to be :). Going to test fit it this weekend and then I will sand blast it and weld the brush guard on. Then it will be sent out to be powder coated to match my Thorparts rear bumper. As for the hordes of parts, its about time they go on...instead of spending there time in my closet :wink:

Can't wait to see it go on! Your truck is going to look so good once you get the parts on. Can't wait to see the rest of this build!:corn:

Nacho

Now with Chese
Its about time you got a build thread up.

Looking great so far, I can't wait to see it with the BA and some dirt. :thumbs:

ReconH3

Guardian Angel
I love the black and orange combo! It's perfect. You plan on painting black the silver bumper center section? That was the first thing I did when my H3 was stock.

Do you have the part number for the matt black HUMMER letter? I've only found cheap knock off that shrink with the heat.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"

Sent from my iPhone

Last edited:

08SolarFlareH3

Super Swampers
I love the black and red combo! It's perfect. You plan on painting black the silver bumper center section? That was the first thing I did when my H3 was stock.

Do you have the part number for the matt black HUMMER letter? I've only found cheap knock off that shrink with the heat.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"

Sent from my iPhone
Al, its actually orange but in some pictures it can look redish. No plans for painting the silver part as it will be coming off anyways when I put the Boulder Accessories bumper on.

The matte black HUMMER letters are just that, knock offs but the quality is good. They never made anything like this for the H3, only H2's.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/06-10-HUMME...Parts_Accessories&hash=item3cc89145d6&vxp=mtr

With that being said, you might be able to locate a set of grille emblems from an H2.

ReconH3

Guardian Angel
Who ever said red? ;) Thanks for the link. Actually, the owner of Big Black let me have his off of his H2. Just never had the time to swing by and pick them up.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"

Sent from my iPhone

08SolarFlareH3

Super Swampers
Not much of an update but meet my uncle today and picked up the bumper. Overall good shape, just needs to be blasted and powder coated. Would love to test fit it today but feeling a little under the weather.
DSCN4249.jpg

Last edited: