• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Real Hood Louvers Group Buy

Paladine71

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
If you've been following my other thread on venting the hood for heat release, you've probably seen where H3nightrod referred me to a company in Virginia named RunCool. They specialize in making real vents and hood louvers for a wide variety of vehicles.

H4O thread: http://www.hummer4x4offroad.com/forum/showthread.php?665-Mod-idea-good-or-bad&highlight=mod+idea

Company website: http://www.hoodlouvers.com/index.html

They make louvers that can replace your fake hood louver in the center of your hood, or others that can mount on either side of the center louver or on the sides of the rig. Here are some pics:

NewFlyer.png

H3.jpg

H2-1.jpg

Here is the data sheet:

DataSheet.png

I've contacted them by email and will be purchasing some for my rig in the near future. I mentioned the possibility of a group buy and they are open to it based on our numbers.

I have not, nor does I know anyone, tried these yet. So, I can't speak to the installation process, quality of work, effectiveness, or possible damage to your rig. If you want to get them, it is completely on you.

This thread is to gauge interest, and to coordinate a group buy if there is enough interest.

ReconH3

Guardian Angel
I ran something like that in my TJ and it worked well. I still prefer doing it with the Real Wheels one to try to maintain the factory look. This option is much more affordable though.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"

Sent from my iPhone

Paladine71

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
I might do both. I want to keep my RealWheels steel louver, probably by putting a screen under it (like a HMMWV). I am playing with the idea of the two louvers on both sides.... might be too much. :huh:

Portager

■ ☼▐▐▐▐▐▐▐ ☼■
I might be interested but I'd like to wait and see how it works. That is the normal price and the group buy price?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Paladine71

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
I might be interested but I'd like to wait and see how it works. That is the normal price and the group buy price?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

No, that is only the individual price, depending on which style you want. If we do a group buy, the prices would likely fall some.

H3slate

Brush raked
I might do both. I want to keep my RealWheels steel louver, probably by putting a screen under it (like a HMMWV). I am playing with the idea of the two louvers on both sides.... might be too much. :huh:

I really like your Realwheels steel louver, and want to duplicate it for my hood. Got any good pics of it? :woot:

Paladine71

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
I really like your Realwheels steel louver, and want to duplicate it for my hood. Got any good pics of it? :woot:

Sure, the #1 post of the other H4O thread mentioned above has close ups. You can also follow the mod links in my signature block below which takes you to my photo albums.

joshua

Highly interested. I will look into this more myself and see what everyone's research turns up. If this turns out to be the best option for getting a real functioning louver.. count me in on the group buy. I noticed one option where you can get them without the rivets. I thought you might be able to drill just a few holes in the louver and only use the holes in the hood that are already there from the factory to attach it. Or borrow some of GM's glue that seems to work so well :)

ReconH3

Guardian Angel
I contacted them directly and they said they would gladly make one. I plan to order one when I get closer to my return date.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"

Sent from my iPhone

Hans3T

Lif"T"ed
Don't know how I missed this thread for so long. Definitely an interesting and useful product. My only complaint is the aesthetics of it. I'm not sure I like how they look... A more "Hummer"-oriented design would be of high interest to me.

Paladine71

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
They have that, Hans. They offer one that would replace the main louver you have with a real louver, and the two for the sides if you want that.

joshua

Alright.. This is the rout I went. Need to get it powder-coated black and find my sawzall. $223 shipped

Paladine71

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
You must be going with the two side-mounted vents. I'm going to try the one specific to the H3 to replace the fake hood louver, unfortunately, it's more expensive.

Paladine71

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Since there wasn't enough interest in a group buy, I'll be ordering the center louver to put under my RealWheels louver. I'll do the install in about two weeks. Pics and walk through to follow.

Hans3T

Lif"T"ed
They have that, Hans. They offer one that would replace the main louver you have with a real louver, and the two for the sides if you want that.

Oh, I guess I didn't see that one. I'll be sure to check out your install thread once you've got it rolling along. I hope it does the trick for us H3 guys who run hot! :cheers:

Sent using Tapacrack

ReconH3

Guardian Angel
X2!! Although I'm still worried about water being an issue in some form or fashion.

It's not an issue. I can tell you from many years of experience putting 4x4s in some very nasty places. Water coming from below (rivers, mud holes) is much worse.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"

Sent from my iPhone