• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Dealership called me....

cgalpha08

"Like Nothing Else"
The local gm dealership called me and offered to purchase from me the H3 and H2. I guess they realize they can flip them for some good money :) just thought id share

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
The dealership that does the service work called my wife and asked if we wanted to make a profit on the H3. I told her to tell them sure, we paid $41,500 and I would let them have it for $42K even. Seems they weren't interested. :)

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
After servicing my truck at least two dozen times I doubt my dealer will ever call me for my truck - and I think they are one of the top Hummer flippers out there.

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
That **** pisses me off...they always use to send crap in the mail. Idk why id trade the H3 for a traverse or other similar type vehicle. GM makes crap nowadays...

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
Mine was a cold call from the local GM dealership to my wife. They had worked on the H3 several times and called out of the blue. I did not talk to them so I didn't get to ask any questions. I just relayed my answer through my wife. My guess is they wanted to offer me $500 above low wholesale as a trade in allowance on one of their new " Spirit of Hummer " SUVs. That still cracks me up ( Escalade has the spirit of Hummer in it according to GM. ) :)

HUMMERADDICT

Mine was a cold call from the local GM dealership to my wife. They had worked on the H3 several times and called out of the blue. I did not talk to them so I didn't get to ask any questions. I just relayed my answer through my wife. My guess is they wanted to offer me $500 above low wholesale as a trade in allowance on one of their new " Spirit of Hummer " SUVs. That still cracks me up ( Escalade has the spirit of Hummer in it according to GM. ) :)

LOL! "Spirit of Hummer." Thats absolute crap. GM sucks.

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
Imo GM makes piles of **** nowadays...my moms Yukon XL Denali is an 09 with 48k and its driven by a women! Very little abuse and I am on top of the maintenance. Its been through a motor mount, 5 door handles (on the inside,) 2 armrests, a console piece, and now I just discovered a nice crack in the dash.

the same dealership said my 06 is in great mechanical condition yet it has almost double the miles and a lot more abuse...

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

cgalpha08

"Like Nothing Else"
Imo GM makes piles of **** nowadays...my moms Yukon XL Denali is an 09 with 48k and its driven by a women! Very little abuse and I am on top of the maintenance. Its been through a motor mount, 5 door handles (on the inside,) 2 armrests, a console piece, and now I just discovered a nice crack in the dash.

the same dealership said my 06 is in great mechanical condition yet it has almost double the miles and a lot more abuse...

Damn... my Dads 09 silverado has held up great (about the same miles). But i do agree, we have an 02 suburban with 93k miles on it and aside from the fender bender and a t-bone collision (im ruling those out because they don't count ) the only thing thats been replaced are the 2 front wheel bearings . They just don't make em the same. That being said it was driven by my dad for almost its entire life.

I feel like hummer was an entire different breed, where the engineers and designers actually cared instead of just pumping out new car models every few years.

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
I would say out of the 4 vehicles currently in the driveway, the quality goes in this order. H3 (no I am not bias! :wink:) then the Volvo C70, then the Jeep JK (the JK and C70 are comparable,) then a huge drop off for the denali coming in last. The power plant is nothing but great though. That 6.2L kicks ass! I actually keep up with some pretty quick cars with the heavy denali but its the final fit and finish which is garbage. speaking of fit and finish, I remembered the air bag indicator (tells if the Passenger air bag is on or off) has gone out twice also. We need a big family hauler and have been partial to GM for the past 7 years with an 01 Yukon XL then an 05 Yukon XL and now the 09 Yukon XL denali. Next may be something else...not sure if this is the a lemon or the new quality GM provides, I assume its the new standard as each yukon had more and more problems. The 01 was flawless.

twinmill28

Spilled Milk
After servicing my truck at least two dozen times I doubt my dealer will ever call me for my truck - and I think they are one of the top Hummer flippers out there.

Did you ever watch the first Top Gear episode, the one where the guys decide to put the Toyota thru the toughest truck in the world test? The one where they finally ended up driving it off a cliff and it still ran?
Just curious........

cgalpha08

"Like Nothing Else"
Did you ever watch the first Top Gear episode, the one where the guys decide to put the Toyota thru the toughest truck in the world test? The one where they finally ended up driving it off a cliff and it still ran?
Just curious........

I have, a toyota hilux i believe. One tough truck! Haha did you see the one where they blew up the h3 with c4 and the one where they said the H2 could actually be practical

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
That H3 vs the marauder one was funny yet not fair one bit. How can u compare and $500,000 truck to a $30,000 one. That's like comparing a lambo to a honda accord.

cgalpha08

"Like Nothing Else"
That H3 vs the marauder one was funny yet not fair one bit. How can u compare and $500,000 truck to a $30,000 one. That's like comparing a lambo to a honda accord.

Exactly!!. While i love Topgear, their comparisons are not always accurate haha, plus they are biased towards European brands IMO haha

Steve #1

Meh, I don't think GM is any worse than anyone else for a given market segment. They're all built to be disposable these days.

Don't let my 02 Sport Track with 80K miles hear that. Repairs to date: 1) cracked vacuum hose 2) bad battery 3) replaced front brakes. All within the past two years. Knock on wood.

Pappibri

I also have a 04 Ford Explorer Sport Trac and the only thing I have done on that is a tune up, wheel bearings and Upper Control arm bushings.. And it has 130.000 purrs and can still tear up the dunes...But I agree, the newer vehicles, especially the ones released in the last 3-5 yrs have gone way down hill on lastability. Thats not a word but just ought to be.:giggle: