• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Bebe's Hollywood Half/Tube Doors

bebe

So I'm taking the BebeMonster to my neighbor and friend, Dave "Hollywood" Eulburg, (President of Pirates of the Rubicon) so He can build me some Half/Tube Doors. I am calling them - My "Hollywood Half Doors" :)

Here is a pic of her naked with no doors

IMG_5435.jpg

IMG_5437.jpg

Here are several door options I looked around for to help us with a design

100_1077.jpg

I really like the mesh

wp-90773.jpg

This one is square tube on a diagonal - very much like

tubedoors3.jpg

This one is a little too bulky but a good example of a higher door

door_ext_side_enlarged.jpg

This one I just found interesting

no-subject.jpg

We also need to incorporate the flare that attaches to the rear door, but they pop off really easy, so that will be easy.

So decisions decisions.....off I go to the shop!!:)

bebe

That's why I liked it too, there's a bit of something I like in all the doors posted, it's just figuring out how to incorporate all the feature aesthetically.

bebe

I've driven rigs with no doors (a friends TJ) and I have a visual issue with seeing the freeway below me when I'm driving, so I have to figure out a way to fix that, which is why I like the Mesh.

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
I like the thin metal skin idea. My doors arent nearly as nice as how bebes will turn out but I used a thin sheet of metal to protect me from tree branches. They can really jack you up, I remember recons story about his friend.

Stoked to see the final product!

bebe

Ok, we just spent the last hour going over design details...I think we are going to do the mesh inside the tube, and then where my visibility get screwy, we'll skin over the mesh from the back with some color painted aluminum sheet inserts.

ReconH3

Guardian Angel
Lol! Since we are on random additions.. Can I be dumb an want suicide doors lol

That's not as dumb as you think in the rear. The thing is that she, and most of us that want some too, want to use the OEM hinges and latches. Suicide doors would require reversing the hinges and latch. We want keep our factory doors for everyday use.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"

Sent from my iPhone

Chook

That's not as dumb as you think in the rear. The thing is that she, and most of us that want some too, want to use the OEM hinges and latches. Suicide doors would require reversing the hinges and latch. We want keep our factory doors for everyday use.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"

Sent from my iPhone
Just thinking about door configurations and looking at the height etc. I thought of a crazy idea that might work. Looking at where my steps bolt on to the OEM sliders.......... What about drop down doors that act as steps to get in the vehicle as well ???

Pappibri

I cant wait to see the end result.. I am confident they will be awesome, as is the other stuff you have done and come up with... :)

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
Next thing you gotta do for weight savings is pull off the rear door. Its heavy as hell. With a tube door in the rear you would make it lighter lower the COG and it would look badass! Mesh can be used for keeping everything in. I gotta draw a picture of a design in my head I have a badass image lol

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

HUMMER INVESTMENTS

[o O IIIIIIII O o]
Next thing you gotta do for weight savings is pull off the rear door. Its heavy as hell. With a tube door in the rear you would make it lighter lower the COG and it would look badass! Mesh can be used for keeping everything in. I gotta draw a picture of a design in my head I have a badass image lol

Draw it and post up a pic!

Chook

a lot of Baja trucks etc. just use the mesh. I have seen a lot on pickups that use this method.TurboNet_Mesh_tailgate.jpg

Last edited:
F

Former User

Nice, glad to see the project underway! The monster looks good doorless :woot:

bebe

Here is a rough Painters Tape Mock up - we have decided to skin the doors with Aluminum

HalfDoor.jpg

Now to look for some mirrors. :)