• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

One, two, three Hummers? Four?

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
Are you on Hummer #1 or have you moved on to #2, #3 or, as 3Hummers might say: "To infinity and beyond!" Where are you in your Hummer lifecycle of vehicles? Are you on #1 and intend to drive it into the ground, replace it with another Hummer, or maybe already have done so.

I'm on #1. I do intend to keep this for a long time. I got the head replacement at 98,000 miles which should extend the life of the engine and I've replaced a LOT on this truck. I do see myself perhaps getting a commuter car in a couple of years which would allow me to consider more significant upgrades to the H3, like a V8 or a Cummins.

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
Im on #1 I also hope to get a commuter one day and go crazy with this one...it's my first car so i'm kinda attached. One day #2 will be an H1

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Gunner_45

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm on #3 and would be due for #4 if they still made 'em.

I’ll be driving this one till the wheels fall off or something catastrophichappens to it.

Should the latter ever come to pass, I think I would hold out for an H1 projecttruck and be done with it.

ReconH3

Guardian Angel
This is my only Hummer and plan to keep it forever. The day I get my own house I would like to get a HMMWV.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"

Sent from my iPhone

davidh3

:cheers:

I'm on #1, it's my first car. I TRY to keep it forever, as one part of my personal history.

seventwozero

I am on number 10.

You are my hero.

:giggle:

This is my first Hummer. Long term plan would be to keep this one, I mean, there's nothing quite like your first :emb:. Later down the road I would like to pick up an SUT and have my SUV completely re-done, duramax conversion, covered in line-x, ready for the zombie apocalypse. Even further down the line I'd love to have a matching pair of H1's, open top and hard top.

I'm constantly on the lookout for that SUT, but finding one that is clean and in my price range is difficult. Not to mention any of the trucks you do run across up here are rusted like you wouldn't believe.

Paladine71

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
First HUMMER. I'll have this forever if I can. LIKE NOTHING ELSE!

I eventually want an H2 SUT and an H1/HMMWV. If I had the room and cash, I'd get one of each model.

HUMMER INVESTMENTS

[o O IIIIIIII O o]
#3 & #4 For the Family

Me personally not even on a Hummer. Just borowing. It seems that will change soon though.

Hopefully someday I will be lucky to have a plethora of Hummers:)

Last edited:

3rdH3

I am on my 3rd H3 and plan to keep it a long long time. My next vehicle will likely be the short bus that the local transit company sends around to pick up the handicapped and elderly unless I hit the lottery. If that happens I could see an H3T Alpha/Offroad or a SUT in my future. :)

Last edited:

Portager

■ ☼▐▐▐▐▐▐▐ ☼■
I'm on my first. I'm hoping to keep it about 20 years, or until I'm in assisted living, whichever comes first.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Hunner

I am on number two. I traded the 06 for a 08 Alpha to sort of take a leap up in some improvements all at once. I also at that time thought from some info I had that might be the last of them.
Like my 95 Dodge Cummins, I plan to hang on to mine as I don't see anything else out there, yet, that I would replace either of them with.
I have come too far to start over now.
The plan now is to drive the already high mileage truck more for daily stuff and save miles on the H3, but it's so fun to drive it's hard not to jump in the H3 first.
One of my main concerns is availability of H3 specific parts in the future. Hopefully we can substitute custom pieces when needed.
One day we may have to scour the wrecking yards for some items, IF they ever show up there.

Last edited:

08H3

I'm on number two. OK, so technically, it's still the same original truck, but I've had enough parts replaced on it now that it might as well be a new truck!

Crushem

The current H2 is number 4...

...but I'm currently keeping an open eye for number 5, a H1 or HMMWV. I promise honey, this one will be the last one.... :no:

Hans3T

Lif"T"ed
I'm on #1 and likely will be for some time. There is a long list of trucks I would like to have and as much as I would love an H2 or an H1, I couldn't justify owning something so old unless I score a screaming deal.

If I were to start a full-time job tomorrow (that'd be nice), I could probably swing a $25-30k truck in 3 or 4 years. That means for a low-mileage example (the only examples I would be interested in) I would have to get an '06-07, maybe '08 H2 or a '98-00-ish H1. Keep in mind it will be 2015 or so. I think I could get a lot newer, more advanced truck for that kind of money. I hate to say it because I love the brand, but I don't think I could justify those prices just because they would be a "novelty" truck.

>Sent using Tapacrack<