• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Time for an Ogden/SLC trail run?

skeptic

Nice weather is here, snow looks to be gone... I'm not the trip coordinator type nor do I know the trails well enough to lead, but I'm itching to get out. Maybe even an overnight Sat/Sun trip. This weekend is out for me (work), but I believe the next few weekends are clear. Desert, American Fork, Farmington, Skyline Drive (never been on it), whatever...

skeptic

Ok, so both replies are from people out of state. Fine with me, but I don't know the trails well enough to lead. Where are all the UT people?

I can probably go anytime from Jun 30 through July 3, or most weekends other than July 7/8.

RuggedH2

Web Wheeler
I rotate to days 16 July. Then I'll be up for a few trail runs.

I have the last couple of weeks off work in late July. I was planning a trip to Denver, but probably won't be able to make it due to my kid's commitments... so a camping/wheelin' trip would be a blast. I know the local trails pretty well if you guys are serious about putting together a local run.

skeptic

I have the last couple of weeks off work in late July. I was planning a trip to Denver, but probably won't be able to make it due to my kid's commitments... so a camping/wheelin' trip would be a blast. I know the local trails pretty well if you guys are serious about putting together a local run.

Weekends only for me, but I believe I can get away any weekend in July. Day trip, overnighter, whatever.

Twin - once a date is figured out you should have enough lead time to drive here no problem. From where you are I'd estimate only 2 days of driving to get here.

RuggedH2

Web Wheeler
American Fork Canyon. If we stayed overnight... We could run Forest Lake stay the night and run Mineral Basin the next day.

Bring a gun, there are bears up there.

deserth3

Anyone up for a run this Saturday 14 July?

I'm thinking we can leave Mcdonalds on Hillfield Rd. in Layton at 0830. If no one has a better idea we can go to the West Desert.
Salt Lake folks can meet on the way. Place to be determined.

skeptic

I'll have to confirm, but I THINK I can make it during the day. Overnight camping as suggested in this thread is not an option for me this weekend or next. :cry:

skeptic

Not seeing a lot of responses, but if it's not raining and you're still up for it I'll meet you at McDs at 0830.

twinmill28

Spilled Milk
Damn, it's only times like this I miss that place. I haven't put my deuce in jeopardy since the last run I went out to the west desert with you guys!
Ok, I drove thru Houston and San Antonio with the trailer, and that put the deuce in alot more jeopardy than rolling it down a really steep hill, but it was not fun at all like the west desert!
You need to give Del a call and see if he's game. I'll call Frogger and tell him to hang out at Mickey D's at 0830 to see who shows.

Update: just talked to Frogger and he said he's up for going, so he'll be at Mickey D's at 830

Last edited:

deserth3

Thanks twinmill. You should have stuck around. I see alot of H3's around here. But they all look like mall crawlers.
see everyone tomarrow. Hope the weather holds.

skeptic

Trying to see if a buddy of mine wants in, he's got an older lifted F150. He's never wheeled before but I think he's interested in it. A nice easy desert trip with stuff he can either try or avoid would be a good start.

twinmill28

Spilled Milk
I still say you ain't having fun 'til it comes home on a wrecker!

No way I coulda stuck around there any longer, way too many bad times out at the base; long, miserable days at work that just put a really bad taste in my mouth. I think I took alot of that stress out on the HUMMER's.
It's unfortunate too, cause I made alot of great friends and had a blast wheeling!

deserth3

I still say you ain't having fun 'til it comes home on a wrecker!

No way I coulda stuck around there any longer, way too many bad times out at the base; long, miserable days at work that just put a really bad taste in my mouth. I think I took alot of that stress out on the HUMMER's.
It's unfortunate too, cause I made alot of great friends and had a blast wheeling!

I understand about the bad feelings. I had a few when I retired too.

deserth3

Trying to see if a buddy of mine wants in, he's got an older lifted F150. He's never wheeled before but I think he's interested in it. A nice easy desert trip with stuff he can either try or avoid would be a good start.

Everyone is welcome.

skeptic

Wasn't a hardcore wheeling trip or anything, but it was a great day to be out of town. Fantastic views, a few small mud holes, a bit of wildlife, first time I've seen a turkey in the wild... Too bad more of you didn't show.