• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Alabama - June/July

Zach Maples

I'm still new here and not sure if anyone else on here is from Alabama or not, so this is me calling out! I'd really like to meet up with some of yall and wheel this summer. My home is in North-Central Alabama (Hartselle, south of Huntsville/north of Birmingham on I-65) but I go to the University of Alabama so I bounce back and forth between home and Tuscaloosa a lot. If no one lives near me, I wouldn't be against riding over to GA, MS, or TN. Just depends when and where really.

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
I wish there was still a way to easily map members. The mod existing many vBulletin versions ago but isn't present now. However, there is the ability to map yourself in the Garage. Not quite as handy as just having a map on the front page.

H3T4x4

The FJ forum has a map that you can drag and drop your location on. It is somehow combined with Google maps/Earth so Im not sure how it was made but It was a really cool set up.

ReconH3

Guardian Angel
There's a couple of forums that I'm on that let you set your location at any time. Even from Tapatalk. It's neat to mark trail locations.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"

Sent from my iPhone

cddutt

Zach i am from decatur, dont do alot of wheeling, cause i dont have time. Stoney Lonesome is a great park though. Better to go on mondays or thursdays though to keep the ATVs out of your way.

Zach Maples

Zach i am from decatur, dont do alot of wheeling, cause i dont have time. Stoney Lonesome is a great park though. Better to go on mondays or thursdays though to keep the ATVs out of your way.

Awesome! We're practically neighbors haha. My farm is out in Falkville, but I live in Hartselle. Well, my parents do. I go to UA, so I'm obviously in Tuscaloosa 95% of the time. I use to work over at the Publix in Decatur, and know a TON of people in Decatur. We'll have to meet up and wheel sometime!

I've been out to Stoney several times, but never to wheel the Hummer. I usually take my quad out there with a big group of quads and RZR's. Whenever I'm home and I get bored, I always just run out to the refuge and ride the river roads. Since I live on the east side of Hartselle, I can take Bethel Rd and be out to the Priceville truck trails in about 8 minutes. Being from our area, I know you have been on the refuge haha. Whenever I've got gas/time to kill, I'll ease out to Swann Creek or Bankhead and raise a little hell too. Other than that, I usually just go out to my farm and get the Hummer a little dirty.

Since being here at UA I've joined up with the UAORC (UA Off Road Club). We've got us a great group of guys to wheel with, and all share knowledge of places to ride. Actually, a few posts up H3T4x4 is my friend Mark. He's a good friend of mine and a fellow student here at UA. Believe it or not, there are TONS of trails to hit down here. All within about 5-20 minutes of campus too.

Corey Barnes

I'm from as south as you can go of Alabama. Gulf shores! If you can get a meet going I'm definitely down!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mjferencak

Hey Barnes you ever drive the trails over by Oyster Island??? I drove by there one day looking at houses and saw all kinds of trails but had the wife and kid with me. I plan on taking the H3 next time I head that way.