• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

My 2001 Isuzu VehiCROSS

HUMMERADDICT

As requested by another forum member, here is some tidbits and pics of my 01' VehiCROSS.

Foxfire Red Mica color(Maroon)
3.5L V6 215HP
Terrain sensing Tourque-On-Demand (TOD)
4WD
18" Factory Chrome Wheels
Really sweet Recaro seats
245/60/18 Yokohama Parada Spec-X Tires (29.5")
6-Disc CD Changer+Cassette Deck

I bought my "VX" about a month ago after wanting and searching for one for almost two years. With only 4,153 imported to the USA from 99-01 they are extremely scarce if you are trying to buy one. I've driven long distance to see a couple but they were not in acceptable shape to me. Last month I saw one on Craigslist and checked it out. It looked spectacular. The interior appeared to have been un-used for 10 years. Only issues were a little rust on undercarriage, slightly faded emblems, oxidized hood insert and the headlights needed a restore.

FUTURE PLANS..........
Upgrade to 31" tires, Haven't made up mind on brand yet (Nitto, Hankook, Toyo, etc.)
Restore headlights
Either paint or replace hood insert
Stainless Steel Brake Lines
Replace fading emblems
EBC Green Stuff brake pads
Use Grinder and undercoating on undercarriage at some point
Buy aftermarket CD changer to replace defect prone isuzu one

I'll update this thread with more pics as I get cash to get more things done to her.

Attachments

• IMG_0441.jpg
    IMG_0441.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 2,284
  • IMG_0443.jpg
    IMG_0443.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 1,470
  • IMG_0442.jpg
    IMG_0442.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 3,593

Hans3T

Lif"T"ed
I have always liked those, and almost ended up with one before my T. (Glad I got the T though ;)) I drove one and really liked it -- it has worse rear visibility than a Hummer though. Overall, a really cool vehicle.

I dig the color.

supersapper-rpm

"The Dude"
That would make a sweet trail Rig someday. Seen a few all modded up and they really looked cool. Thanks for posting it up, looking forward to seeing what you do with it!

HUMMERADDICT

I have always liked those, and almost ended up with one before my T. (Glad I got the T though ;)) I drove one and really liked it -- it has worse rear visibility than a Hummer though. Overall, a really cool vehicle.

I dig the color.

Visibility is poor, but styling makes up for it. LOL! I'm a very defensive driver anyway. You should get one. I now think that my H3 and my VX were meant to sit next to each other. They look so damn cool side by side. I'll have to take some pics with them together as a fam. LOL!

justintaylor

Hummeraddict are you on the vehicross.info forum? My older brother has a way sweet vehicross ill post a couple pictures for you guys shortly.

HUMMERADDICT

Bought an entire brand new OEM emblem kit on ebay for $225 this weekend. First thing done on my checklist. Next will be headlight restore and then bondo and paint hood insert.

HUMMERADDICT

AT's :shame:

j/k, good luck with you build. The VehiCROSS is a great, not to mention very interesting vehicle.

Sorry to disappoint. It won't be on any trails. I love my VX, I'm just paranoid about something going wrong with the engine and transmission. I've read too many negative articles about Isuzu engines failing early on. Some people have said that it doesn't even like having its tranny flushed out, just the fluid changed. I thought you had to have the fluid flushed before putting new in???

08SolarFlareH3

Super Swampers
Sorry to disappoint. It won't be on any trails. I love my VX, I'm just paranoid about something going wrong with the engine and transmission. I've read too many negative articles about Isuzu engines failing early on. Some people have said that it doesn't even like having its tranny flushed out, just the fluid changed. I thought you had to have the fluid flushed before putting new in???
The engine is one of the huge down falls of the VehiCROSS. The engines are know to fail very prematurely. I would never flush transmission fluid in any vehicle. Just drop the pan, let it sit overnight and drain. Install a new filter, reinstall the pan and refill.

HUMMERADDICT

The engine is one of the huge down falls of the VehiCROSS. The engines are know to fail very prematurely. I would never flush transmission fluid in any vehicle. Just drop the pan, let it sit overnight and drain. Install a new filter, reinstall the pan and refill.
Thanks. So if I bring it to a dealer I should just tell them to drain the transmission fluid and refill?

08SolarFlareH3

Super Swampers
Thanks. So if I bring it to a dealer I should just tell them to drain the transmission fluid and refill?
When we do transmission services, we usually have the customer bring it in around 4:30, we put it up on the lift, remove the pan and filter and let it drain over night to get as much of the old fluid out as possible. In the morning we install a new filter, reinstall the transmission pan and fill it full of fluid. I would just tell the dealer you want the transmission fluid and filter changed.

HUMMERADDICT

When we do transmission services, we usually have the customer bring it in around 4:30, we put it up on the lift, remove the pan and filter and let it drain over night to get as much of the old fluid out as possible. In the morning we install a new filter, reinstall the transmission pan and fill it full of fluid. I would just tell the dealer you want the transmission fluid and filter changed.

Ah, from the first line it appears you work at a dealership. Thanks for answering all my Q's. My VX has 78,000 miles and has had no tranny work done according to the PO. I find that it shifts hard when cold. Alot of people say it might be normal because of the TOD system, but I doubt it because then why would it only happen when cold?

HUMMERADDICT

New Optima Red Top battery installed yesterday, along with new battery cables. Pics of said battery to come after black Friday nonsense.