• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Moab Black Sheep Week -October 7-12, 2012

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
The October 2012 dates have been confirmed with Neo! Start booking your trips for Sunday the 7th through Friday the 12th. As always, it is a come and go affair with some people arriving as early as Friday the 5th. The 24 Hours of Moab bike race is that first weekend. Please note I took off the second Saturday as that is now less often a wheeling day and is more of a travel day for many.

Newbies and non-HUMMERs are welcome to join. It doesn't take a built rig to have fun in Moab, though a little UCP and rocker protection can always provide some peace of mind.

Lodging includes hotels, camping, condos, etc. If you have questions on where to stay read through this thread and/or post up your questions here. There are no "official" lodging arrangements; just come and do your thing.

It's a trip with great wheeling, scenic views and great campfire discussions.

Attendee List
# in PartyAttendeesVehicleLodgingConfirmed?Arrival/Departure DatesHAM call signState
2Neo and NavH1OutpostYPermanentUT
1F5fstopH3N MoabYSemi-permanentUT
13HummersH1YSat to SatKJ6JCCTX/CA
2Bro of Bro of 3H1YSun to ?TX
1AlrockH3OutpostYSat to SatAZ
1JGBB04H3TYSun to ?FL
1JR3TH3TOutpostNCA
1-4reaperH3Super 8YMon-SatCO
1H3TboneRaptorOutpostNTX
2SummitUpH2YCO
2ReloaderH3AMoab Valley RV ResortYSun-SatWI
1BebeH3MOutpostYCA
1SpeedyFZJ80OutpostYCA
2backcountryislifeH3YSat to Mon (6-8)CO
1?cookOutpost?NSat-?AZ
2j3jacksonH3TYMO
1chastanH2YSun-FriWI
1H32NVH3OutpostYBoth weekends, Fri-SunAZ
1DesertH3H3Comfort InnYWed-FriUT
Moab-April-2012-L.jpg

Moab-April-2012-067-L.jpg

Moab-April-2012-137-L.jpg

Last edited:

Neo

Badfish
we had a great time in April with the newbies . our biggest turnout of under 20 somethings to date and was a blast , it brought alot of new blood to the group .
if you have been on the fence for making a trip to Moab its time to get on the bus ... :cheers:

reaper

Ok, I'm in. The spring trip this year feel on my son's birthday, which trumped off-roading. (He's still a little too young to celebrate on the trail... soon though!). See you in October. :) Dang, it's been too freaking long.

Kurt

I'm a maybe, I may wind up going to the HCI 777 Durango Moab event in September, if I can't make that then I'll show up for Sheep Week :)

ajk150

I'm in as of now, i'll mark my calendar. However i don't know my test schedule yet for that semester, so i'm not sure which days i will be able to do. I'd love to do the whole week, but with my luck it will probably be another half week. Hopefully the first half though, but time will tell. Can't wait only 6 months away! :thumbs:

Zach

Mall Crawler
Right now, I want to say yes! But still a long way out from October. Will do everything I can to make it back out there.

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
Im in the same boat as Zach...work shouldn't be a problem just not sure how much school stuff is going on at that time yet

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

4x4Livn

Hi all, im a friend of Bebe. I literally just (like an hour ago) bought a suzuki king quad 500. The dog and i will be coming! Probably wont be able to stay the whole time but definitely will be there for a long weekend! Cheers and look forward to meeting all of you!