• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Wanted/Unwanted section

05Mudiak

Alrock- " As for the Classifieds, I'd like to see how it goes for a while. We didn't have a lot of traffic in Items Wanted and people often posted in the wrong area anyway. If the demand is there we'll put it in."

I brought this up earlier here is his quote from the other thread,

Last edited:

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
I agree with you guys and prefer the two be separated but Alex is right. The WTB section got very little use and sometimes there would be an item in the for sale section that someone was looking for in the WTB section. Lots more eyeballs in the for sell section.

autumn walker

One of the things I have seen done on other forums is a prefix of "WTB:", "WTS:", or "WTT:" (want to trade) which is bolded in front of the title in front of the thread listing. I think it is a plugin which forces the user to select a prefix before posting in the wanted / for sale forum.

Mb30sdl

Hamster that pokes Bears
And maybe split them by h1/2/3. I know before people were confused if post didn't specify.

Prefixes may get confusing, simpler better - my $.02

Last edited:

MaxPF

AGNTSA
One of the things I have seen done on other forums is a prefix of "WTB:", "WTS:", or "WTT:" (want to trade) which is bolded in front of the title in front of the thread listing. I think it is a plugin which forces the user to select a prefix before posting in the wanted / for sale forum.

That would be a good idea. That keeps a single section for all bartering but makes it easier to browse.

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
I like the discussions and ideas. I have implemented the WTB/WTS/WTT prefixes.

If we have demand for a separation into two or more rooms we can make it happen. I'm trying to expand judiciously - including these suggestions I've had recommendations for about 20 different forum rooms so far! Many great ideas in there and hopefully H4O will never be static in its construction or use.

08SolarFlareH3

Super Swampers
Can I make a suggestion? How about making a report button were you can lock and mark the thread sold, found or NLFS? Some of the car audio forums were this way and it worked great. It keep threads with items sold or found items being bumped back up to the top. Might help keep the classifieds neat and clean.