• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Hutchinson Beadlock tire removal

tomp

Get one of these to break the bead and it works on the Hutchinson beadlocks after you have removed all of the nuts holding the two halves of the rims.

http://www.extremeoutback.com/product/36/Tyrepliers+Beadbreaker.html

Mounting tires on these wheels is very easy but getting old tires off is a task. This thing makes life much easier and you can now not only mount your own tires, but unmount them as well.

As long as the wheels are not bolted together, this thing works to break the tire bead because it works like a pair of scissors (slight upward lifting effect) while pushing down on the tire bead. I have used it and it work on these wheels. Great tool for those with these wheels...

I found out about it from talking to Hutchinson Support. It took a while for me to find it while searching because those darn Aussies can't spell tire correctly:wink:

tomp

I got tired of trying to find someone to install my tires on our beadlocks and this was a great solution. I can now replace my own tires in a couple of hours but still have to get them balanced though.

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
atleast you can mount em...places here wont even touch beadlocks. I want to get them one day and I would have to go to Tustin Hummer. They did em for portager but that is quite a drive so this might be a good soultion.

I think once the tire is mounted balancing is cheap and doesnt matter if you have beadlocks or just get the balancing machine :wink: