• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Location of Factory Air Compressor (Adventure)

autumn walker

I'm looking at installing my VIAIR OBA setup in the Deuce and I'd like to "integrate" it as much as possible.

Where is the factory compressor located on the adventure models? I'm wondering if I can fit my compressor in the same location on the LUX?

Are there any other suggestions for mounting an OBA system in an H2 - compressor, tank, outlet(s), etc?

twinmill28

Spilled Milk
It's centered behind the rear bumper, same spot as that bigass muffler on the H3.
Not sure you want to expose the compressor to the elements if you don't need to. How about strapping it in the cargo area, maybe even mount it on the driver side next to the window. That's a good place to put things as you never look out that window.
I've been curious how much room is under thos plastic pieces over the wheelwells. Probably not much, but it would be awesome to stuff something in there.

twinmill28

Spilled Milk
I don't think it would take much to get those off. I ripped our mini-van apart to put in power and antenna wires for Sirius a few years back and it was much easier than I anticipated, biggest surprise was having to take off the rear seat belt shoulder harnesses.

Big2dabank

air3.jpgair1.jpgair2.jpg

I mounted a 5 gallon aluminum air tank in the space where the factory compressor goes and located my compressor in the lockable SUT storage compartment in the bed.

Big2dabank

Box for the gauge and quick connect is a factory spot with power port in the rear of the sut. I mounted the tank this way so I could use the lowest port to bleed water out of the tank.

HUMMERDAD

factory compressor unit sits where you would have thought the spare would have gone under the rear of my duce plenty of room under there and there is a factory skid plate too.