• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Few upgrades I'm thinking about

SolidusJ

Now that my T is where it should be after 3 years of ownership and everything I've done to her there is more I want!!!! Frist I really hope the PT tire gate comes out soon because I want one and I want to mount a high lift jack on top of the gate, if it's not out soon I'm just going to mount the high jack on the right side of the bed rail and try out how to rig it up and lock it down. Next upgrade the rear bumber but I think the THOR are all out so I'll have to try and make what I have more BA and take off the side plastic ends. Then try to find a 2nd used ARB bumber and install a 12,000 winch on it. Last as of right now is try and make the HMMWV snorkel. So anything else I should look into?:) Also the long trem is the Alpha T-bars and front cast diff with lockers on both ends and MAYBE an LS2 engine or a 6.6 druamaxx.

kflips

Sounds great. I think (looked into it) that you can secure an 4x rac mount to the bed rail. I ended up not needing it but I think it can be mounted. Big unit had referenced some spring backed bolts that fit into the rail last year also

SolidusJ

sounds great. I think (looked into it) that you can secure an 4x rac mount to the bed rail. I ended up not needing it but i think it can be mounted. Big unit had referenced some spring backed bolts that fit into the rail last year also

You still have it and have any plans for it????

Looks like I have more then enough room for it!!!
photo18.jpg
[/IMG]

Timgco

Hugh Hefner
PM JR3T, he mounted his Hi-lift inside his bed with locking knobs. A couple others have done this too. I'm not sure if there is a writeup on here yett, but would be good to have it documented. I feel having that in the bed, is more secure...and if you use a bed cover, will keep it out of the elements.

A 12K winch may not be the best idea for the H3 platform. I don;t think the frame horns can handle that. I know in 99% of the cases, you will not be using 100% of it's pull rating, but if you do stick your truck, you could be looking at bending them. ...just a thought.

Is that the Umberlla Corp. logo on the back window? :thumbs:

SolidusJ

PM JR3T, he mounted his Hi-lift inside his bed with locking knobs. A couple others have done this too. I'm not sure if there is a writeup on here yett, but would be good to have it documented. I feel having that in the bed, is more secure...and if you use a bed cover, will keep it out of the elements.

A 12K winch may not be the best idea for the H3 platform. I don;t think the frame horns can handle that. I know in 99% of the cases, you will not be using 100% of it's pull rating, but if you do stick your truck, you could be looking at bending them. ...just a thought.

Is that the Umberlla Corp. logo on the back window? :thumbs:

I haul a lot of just do to the army and having fun on the weekend so I would like to have it on the bed rail. I seen the this set up and I think it'll work out on the rail but it look weak to me.
41kaHVDpomL_SS400_.jpg
[/IMG]
51CahxIS81L_SS400_.jpg
[/IMG]

The bumper and winch should be by next year this time but I'll look into a 9,000 winch. The Umberlla Corp sticker was just for kicks I'm just a big kid in heart lol.
100_0408-1.jpg
[/IMG]

SolidusJ

Where have you guys bolted down your hi lift jack. I want to see where else I can install my jack. Also what mount are you using.

Last edited:

SolidusJ

Mine is on the passenger side bedrail. I'll try to get some photos this weekend.

Right on thank you, I'm really thinking about mounting it on the on the top side of my bed but also thing on mouthing it on my roof rack because I don't have the roof bars.

Bigunit

Hammer Down!
Staff member
H3T Side Bed Rail Hi Lift Mount

Like prc's, I mounted/bolted my 60" hi lift in 3 places on the passenger side bed rail using 1/2" carriage bolts, 2 brass washers per bolt (1 on the inside of the bedrail & another on the outside), then tightened them down onto the bedrail with a 1/2" nut.

Mount the hi lift onto the 3 bolts, then secure the hi lift onto the bolts with another 1/2" nut and tighten down with wingnuts. Perfect fit, very simple, very secure & very chep ($10 worth of nuts, bolts, washers & wingnuts from Ace Hardware). The tailgate should close without any obstruction. I've had mine mounted this way for almost 2 years. TIP: might want to remove the jack stand so that the jack doesn't protrude out into the bed so much - otherwise you will need to use a longer carriage bolt on that end of the jack. Here are some pics:

DSC00393-1.jpg

DSC00392-1.jpg

Pic of inside of bedrail to show how the washers are squeezed from the inside and outside to keep the bolt in place and can easily slide to wherever you need the bolts to line up with the holes in the hi lift
DSC00396-1.jpg

The third bolt (closest to the cab) needs to be placed right about here if you also plan to install the full-size OEM T storage box onto the cab-side bed rail:
DSC00397-1.jpg

...and if you want to lock it down, I'd recommend this cable lock wound through the holes in the jack and down through the corner, bed floor-mounted tie down.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000XTPNZK/ref=pe_175190_21431760_cs_sce_dp_1_A

Last edited:

prc

Fly in the ointment
Yup, that's what I did as well...

100_1476.jpg

100_1481.jpg

Used these:

100_1482.jpg

Bigunit, I guess yours is longer than mine :(

PRC

Last edited:

SolidusJ

Like prc's, I mounted/bolted my 60" hi lift in 3 places on the passenger side bed rail using 1/2" carriage bolts, 2 brass washers per bolt (1 on the inside of the bedrail & another on the outside), then tightened them down onto the bedrail with a 1/2" nut.

Mount the hi lift onto the 3 bolts, then secure the hi lift onto the bolts with another 1/2" nut and tighten down with wingnuts. Perfect fit, very simple, very secure & very chep ($10 worth of nuts, bolts, washers & wingnuts from Ace Hardware). The tailgate should close without any obstruction. I've had mine mounted this way for almost 2 years. TIP: might want to remove the jack stand so that the jack doesn't protrude out into the bed so much - otherwise you will need to use a longer carriage bolt on that end of the jack. Here are some pics:

DSC00393-1.jpg

DSC00392-1.jpg

Pic of inside of bedrail to show how the washers are squeezed from the inside and outside to keep the bolt in place and can easily slide to wherever you need the bolts to line up with the holes in the hi lift
DSC00396-1.jpg

The third bolt (closest to the cab) needs to be placed right about here if you also plan to install the full-size OEM T storage box onto the cab-side bed rail:
DSC00397-1.jpg

...and if you want to lock it down, I'd recommend this cable lock wound through the holes in the jack and down through the corner, bed floor-mounted tie down.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000XTPNZK/ref=pe_175190_21431760_cs_sce_dp_1_A

Holy Shenanigans!!!! WOW that looks pretty damn good!!! Ok now I have a idea for in the bed does anyone have their hi lift mounted on the roof rail?
[h=2]http://search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt...p=shenanigans&SpellState=&fr2=sp-qrw-corr-top [/h]