• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

The Badlands at Attica, Indiana - April 28th-29, 2012

Paladine71

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
I'm more than a little upset that my schedule won't let me attend Moab or Rausch Creek this spring since I have a school scheduled that will take most of April.

We had such a great time at the Badlands in November, that I'd like to return and further explore the park. I'd like to propose either the 28th or 29th of April 2012.

On the 28th, the park is sponsoring the Trail Race Endurance Circuit (TREC) so our admission would include the opportunity to watch the race and some jumps, but of course the park will be more busy that day.

If we go on the 29th, the park will be a lot less crowded.

Here is the link to the park: http://www.badlandsoffroad.com/?do=page&id=2

Of course the park can be enjoyed for both days by anyone wanting to do an overnight, but I'll only be there one day. What say you? :corn:

H3DONIST

The kids and I had a blast last time we went out (with the exception of almost dying :p), so I'm sure they would love to go again. I'm sure we'll want to stay for 2 days, because that's a long haul to just wheel for 1 day. I'm sure I can talk my co-worker in to going in his Yota as well.

backwoods

Ill hit up troy and bryan with there fjs if youd like or you can hit up troy and ill hit up bryan ...and maybe nightrod can make it as well!? who knows

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Portager

■ ☼▐▐▐▐▐▐▐ ☼■
I probably can't make it see as it is ~2,076 miles each way from my house, but I'm glad you provided the city and state of the Badlands Park. Some people don't seem to realize that almost every state has an area known as the badlands.

08H3

How about "definitely, maybe"? I'd be more up for the 29th though. I don't know how the TREC course is laid out this year, but I know in the past it took up a lot of the park so it really limited what was available to explore.

Paladine71

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
By my count, we are up to 8, with 3 more possible. :thumbs:

Attendees:
Paladine71 (+1 Jeep possible)
cgalpha08
backwoods (+1)
H3DONIST (+1 4Runner possible)
08H3 (possible)
mkmcgreg
H3nightrod
AlaskaDan

cgalpha08

"Like Nothing Else"
I was i at the badlands today just checkin some stuff out, there is soo much to explore there still, the place is massive!! And i got a lot ofweird looks from people, like hummers shouldnt be there lol :)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

AlaskaDan

Hey James,
While your doing the count, add in # of winches.
I don't have one yet. As you know from our previous outings, always nice to have one in front (and Back).
Who knows, though, since we have 2 months out for this trip, I may use IRS money for a winch instead of paying bills:huh:

Dan

Paladine71

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
You can move me up from possible to probable.

Awesome news!

On another note, I've just received news that the Monster Truck Jam is coming to the Quad Cities on April 26-28. I've been invited to assist with setting up and running the show. I will probably help them out on Thursday or Friday and then wheel on Saturday (and maybe Sunday). If anyone wants to come down and go to the show, let me know.

spongebobnopants

Awesome! Had a great time wheeling with you last time. Should be another good time.

Same here. Let's stay away from the quad trails this time...lol

Hell yes its fun wheelinvwith ya troy my h3 has tranformed since last time hopefully in my favour :)

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Should be a good time. There is so much there I haven't even seen yet. Your rigs coming along nicely. I've got a few mods up my sleeves that I'm hoping to have done by then.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD