• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

E-locker DIS-assembly questions...

4speedfunk

Great right up on installing an Eaton E-locker. However, what about those of us that already have one in our H3? I'm putting 5.13s in my stock 8.6 and my question is: How do I get the electro-magnet gizmo off the carrier? OR How do I get the wiring thru the hole in the pumpkin?

I've got the caps off...carrier loose...shims and races removed...and I'm stuck. I've popped the E-locker wiring grommet loose but I've only got about 4" of pig-tail to work with, and the plug will not fit thru the hole in the pumpkin. I'm not a wire-clipper, so somebody enlighten me. I either need to remove the plug or somehow get the magnet assembly off the carrier. I can see a snap ring that might hold the thing on but, its sort of under the driver-side carrier bearing, and looks like it must be done before the carrier bearings are installed. Not sure I can even get to it with snap ring pliers. I was thinkin I could remove the magnet thingy from the carrier and leave it in place in the empty housing...then pull the carrier out to do the gear swap. I don't plan to replace the bearings, and I don't even know if the magnet can be removed with the bearings in place.

I know these weather-pak plugs can be disassembled. Anybody done this?

UPDATE: NEVERMIND. I FOUND OUT THAT IF I TAKE A PIECE OF .035" MIG WIRE AND PRESS IT INTO SOME SMALL HOLES INSIDE THE PLUG...I COULD RELEASE THE BARBS THAT HOLD THE TERMINALS IN. GREAT NEWS.

THE BAD NEWS IS...MY NEW RING & PINION DOESN'T FIT. ALWAYS SOMETHING.

Last edited: