• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

H4O Big Bear Sunday Jan 29, 2012

Zach

Mall Crawler
I know this is a little late notice on this. And as requested, I am officially posting this trip. A few of us are planning on hitting some trails in Big Bear Sunday Jan 29. We don't plan on doing anything too technical and hopefully end up running through some snow. We are meeting at The Discovery Center at 10:00 am

Meeting Spot: We will be meeting at the Big Bear Discovery Center on the North Shore of Big Bear Lake. The Discovery Center is located at 40971 North Shore Dr. (which is Hwy 38) in the town Fawnskin, which is just on the north side of Big Bear Lake across the water from the town of Big Bear.

Make sure you bring extra food, water and some warm clothes as it is getting into the teens at night just in case.

Communications: We will be on channel 37

Attendance
Zach - H2
Aamco - H2
Mb30sdl - Hamster H2
Kurt - H1
Jrwid - H2 SUT
Sierra - H3
Nacho - H3

Possible

Last edited:

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
Unfortunately I am out...The front end of the H3 is good to go but the shackles are up against the frame and am trying to solve that problem now...Have fun and take pics!

Kurt

I'm definitely in, I want to get one run in on January.

I'll check with the usual suspects near me to see if they want to tag along, given the short notice I'm giving them it's likely to be me and a passenger or two.

Zach

Mall Crawler
Added both of you to the confirmed list. Looking forward to seeing you guys

Last edited:

Mb30sdl

Hamster that pokes Bears
Are we meeting for breakfast?I am staying in Crestline but I think I and Anthony meeting for breakfast in BB.

Zach

Mall Crawler
Jared and I are driving up together. We are planning on having breakfast in Big Bear. Where and when were you guys planning on going?

Last edited:

Kurt

You guys should check out Bear manor lodge or grizzly manor lodge, it's just up the street from ihop and blows it away :) provided there isn't a lineup to get in....

I won't be able to make it out to big bear in the morning... I'm having a few last minute issues that just popped up this morning. A combination of under charging, turbo not kicking in when it should, and an odd noise I'm trying to track down, so I'll be spending the morning figuring out WTF is up with my truck all of a sudden.

Kurt

No, I'm still figuring out what the heck is up with my truck, if I do get things fixed it won't be in time for big bear, if not I'll get the truck flatbedded to Tustin. Too many smalls symptoms going on right now, the truck is drivable... but I don't want to chance it on a Big Bear trip, it's probably something simple since everything happened at once yesterday.

Zach

Mall Crawler
The last part of the group just got off of the trail. At dinner now having a good steak. We had a fun day. Found a little snow, ice and mud. And of course puddles. We ended up running up to the gatekeeper at John Bull. Will post a trip report with pictures later