• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.
  • The Swap Meet is not a regulated market, and buyers/sellers are not screened. Please do your homework before agreeing to anyone for any purchases or sales. If you have any questions about the user, please contact @Alrock via private message and I will attempt to provide any relevant information about the person, including location based on IP address. This is not a guarantee or promise of delivery but the addtional information may be helpful to you in your transaction. There are no guarantees here so use your judgement. Consider payment options like PayPal that have recourse (only when treated as a sale, and not as % between friends). Scammers will often use Zelle or ask for PayPal between friends because you cannot reclaim the money in the event of fraud or non-delivery. If a user has just joined and/or has few posts they should be viewed very cautiously.

RARE Barn Find! 2006 H3 Lug Nut for Sale!

twinmill28

Spilled Milk
I was cleaning out the garage and found a super rare acorn style lug nut for a 2006 H3. Size is 12-1.5. These are impossible to find in this condition, has less than 10,000 miles on it.
I've cross referenced and determined this will fit all H3 & H3T years 06-10. It will work on torsion bar lifted trucks as well as Rancho lifted HUMMER's. Compatible with Adventure & Non-Adventure models as well, though Non-Adventure trucks may need slight modification and addition of Bilstein shocks and possibly a body lift.
This has the potential to increase your horsepower by .25%, which in the 06 model was a MASSIVE increase!
I've only got one of these, so the first to reply gets it for only $49.99 plus shipping of $16.12. This is below my cost, which was damn near $30,000 plus my Chrysler HEMI. If I don't get any replies in 2-1/2 days, it's going on E-Bay and Kajiji.
Shoot me a PM and let's work a deal.

top view
Photo_F1E3B913-FFB9-80BD-AFD4-684578388E01.jpg

side view
Photo_DD5875A7-653A-8C5D-D4DA-752F13B2D10D.jpg

side angle
Photo_0426D9D5-48FC-7FCD-9A28-25789E4EC86F.jpg

bottom's up!
Photo_0A89D42D-C809-81E7-B4C4-FE059D7EA440.jpg

Bigunit

Hammer Down!
Staff member
I would have bought it, but's it's not powder-coated black - oh well, so the quest for the "holy grail" of H3 lug nuts continues...:gaah:

Last edited:

Portager

■ ☼▐▐▐▐▐▐▐ ☼■
The only reason he is selling it is because it isn't chrome plated.

I have a bag of 27 of those. I'm already deciding how to spend my $1,349.73.

Bigunit

Hammer Down!
Staff member
Good observation Dave - if the threads are stripped (and we can't tell either way in Twin's pics), then the lug nut only has value to a prius owner or to Kyle Busch. :giggle: More pics please!

MuDnYrI

Twin,
Don't sell it!!! You will have total sellers remorse and completly miss not having it anymore. Then you'll become obsessed & spend all your free time trying to locate a replacement to the point where it will ruin your life and even possibly lose your job and end up homeless on some Florida Beach looking for sea glass to sell at the local market just to earn enough money to replace your super rare acorn style lug nut!
I HAVE SEEN THIS HAPPEN!!

Zach

Mall Crawler
I've got a box of them to add to your collection Twinmill. Just in case your nut is lonely. :mock:

twinmill28

Spilled Milk
Sale pending.......

Thanks for all the positive responses; I've got a sale pending on this, but will try to answer your questions in case the sale falls thru
I would have bought it, but's it's not powder-coated black - oh well, so the quest for the "holy grail" of H3 lug nuts continues...:gaah:
While the black powder coated lug nuts are desirable from strictly a collectors view point, there was a mass recall due to integrity issues and they tended to have negative impact on other parts like tie rods, half shafts and bushings--especially in the 06 models. So the black powder coated lugs are best left as "trophies" on the fireplace or holding papers down. This one is the real deal!
You have a Chrysler HEMI?
HAD a HEMI, traded it for a collection of these lug nuts that had an H3 attached to them. This is the last of the lug nuts.
The only reason he is selling it is because it isn't chrome plated.
I have a bag of 27 of those. I'm already deciding how to spend my $1,349.73.
Port, if I understand you correctly, your bag of 27 came from an 09 model. Please Google this subject and you will learn that 06 was the rare year for this item. Unfortunately, there is no value in your bag of lugs. That's the problem with all these reality shows on TV, everybody thinks they have something of value.
Also, this is considered a "Zamac", or released prior to the chrome plating. While chrome would have been desirable, it was more common.

Good observation Dave - if the threads are stripped (and we can't tell either way in Twin's pics), then the lug nut only has value to a prius owner or to Kyle Busch. :giggle: More pics please!
Please review the updated pics in this reply. If it would have been a newbie that made this comment, I could understand. But for you to question my integrity on the quality of this item, it really hurts. Of course the threads are crisp, and far from stripped. I've got an excellent selling reputation on the forums, please search my posts on "used wiper blades for sale, 65,000 miles" and "recycled anti-freeze from blown head gasket 06"----you'll see the buyers were pleased with the transaction and got at least 50 miles or more from their purchases.
I've got a box of them to add to your collection Twinmill. Just in case your nut is lonely. :mock:
I thought you might be interested in this Zach, but since it's not for an H2, and not black, that ruled you right out. Also, please see reply above regarding wrong year, plus for you, wrong model---you guys have got to learn that your junk is NOT collectible.
Please don't dilute the value of this rare item.

Thread shots as requested; no strippage to be seen. These things are as tight as a virgin on prom night---
Photo_FA1B75B2-A900-76C1-E6D3-ABEF9D8B93BA.jpg

Photo_E16125C4-26DB-A693-236A-1C6119BE541A.jpg

Photo_5CAD4887-3992-58AC-EFCB-4F20E23A579A.jpg

Mounted---
Photo_067D9925-FD3C-4705-F561-5F18699B551B.jpg

Will arrive specially packaged in hermetically sealed plastic with a special edition box and hand selected packing material.......
Photo_C9A40DDE-B81C-77C8-8E07-FA746EE6A11C.jpg

Hans, please resend PM--nothing came thru. I've got multiple hits on this, but I'm holding because you were the first to note you PM'd.

Oh yeah, if anybody is interested, I've also got some really nice Sea Glass that I'm selling. The tourists around here just can't get enough of this stuff, so PM me before I head back out to the beach.

Last edited:

Bigunit

Hammer Down!
Staff member
Man Twin, I'm not questioning your integrity and please don't take this the wrong way, but the lug nut in your most recent pics/post above sure does not look like the same nut in your original pics/post. The one in the first post is stamped "METRIC" in tight lettering but I noticed that the one in your later post is stamped more like "M.....E.....T.....R.....I.....C", in other words there is more spacing between the letters in the second one. It takes a very keen eye (which I happen to have), to spot a knock-off '06 H3 lugnut from those imported, backdoor Chinese knock-offs...close, but not close enough for the trained eye.. But, in any event, good luck with your sale. Who am I to get in the way of a true American entrepreneur! Now, if you happen to come across a real "trophy" '06 H3 powder-coated lugnut, you have my number and i will gladly meet you in person, in Florida, to give you the $5,000.00 that one of those is truly worth.