• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Intruder comes into home...

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
I am pretty sure that Oklahoma has a Castle Law like Texas. In that event once the moron breaks in she does not have to retreat, give warning or anything, she can shoot to protect both herself and property. She did exactly what she should have done.

M22KLARS

Unsafe At Any Speed
I wish MN was like that. If someone broke into my house where both my little kids and my wife were sleeping I would shoot first and ask questions later. Especially in my town. I live out in the country and when break in's happen out here they aren't by accident.

cgalpha08

"Like Nothing Else"
I like in NY, idk what the specific laws are but i know they dont have a castle law. NY has some of the dumbest laws and regulations....just sayin

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
New York and California have some pretty screwed up laws when it concerns firearms, self defense, liability, etc. Thank God there are still places in this country with some common sense.

Last edited:

ReconH3

Guardian Angel
That's why I moved out of Cali. Too many selfish idiots run that state. NC has castle doctrine.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"

Sent from my iPhone

LagunaH1

This story sounds about as crystal clear as a self defense situation can be. I feel bad for her that she had to go through this though.

SWANK3T

As much as I hate to defend it CA has a castle law but you better have done everything right. Don't get me wrong I grew up in Cali and Hate the way it's run but love all the stuff to do. I got about 40 days left in this state can't wait to move out.

LagunaH1

I am *not* any form of expert one this (far, far from it) but it does seem like California does have a castle law, you just have to make sure it's not a family member who is attacking you and that they knew they were entering illegally...?

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
I guess kicking down the door should be the giveaway they weren't invited in. They won't like the welcome they get at my place.

Sircode13

In California there isn't a castle doctrine so to speak. You have to retreat and basically be put into the position of no hope of escape. Then you have to yell out I have a gun and I'm going to shoot your stupid arse. Then and only then can you put the intruder six feet under. You still have to hope that you get a fair District Attorney and that one bullet doesn't miss it's intended target or you gots sum splainin' to do. That's why I'm a Life and Benefactor member of the NRA and a member of the USCCA. So I have the use of their Lawyers when I do have to pull the trigger.

:rolleyes: :banghead:

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Last edited:

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
Agreed but some of these rural counties are pretty big and the deputies are spread pretty thin.

That's probably true. I was talking to someone one day who was from south dakota and she was telling me how her uncle was one of the only cops in town...response must be slow if there's probably less then 5 cops in town

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
Here in CA Kern and Riverside counties are huge as are some of the West Texas counties. Response times can be pretty long in these situations.

DJinCO

Our county sheriff actually announced that the response could be hours so he recommended personal protection and issues CCW permits to all who legally qualify. My favorite saying is

"When the difference between life and death is measured in seconds, the police are only minutes away."

Remember, an armed society is a polite society.

Yes, I am a Life member, NRA