• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Dakar 2012

ReconH3

Guardian Angel
After day one, Robby Gordon and his Hummer are 5th, 49 secs after the leader in a Mini!!! Top three vehicles are Minis!!! For anyone that wants to follow it you can go to http://www.dakar.com .

Don't get the app because it crashes and has been know to even lock up phones!

"Ex Umbris Venimus"

Sent from my iPhone

FOXedupONE

Sucks that teammate broke down before finish and Robby had to stop to tow the Qatar guy that won in the VW last year, no VW this year. Hummer would have beat mini's for first stage win otherwise. Wonder if he had to tow him through the 453 mile transit stage to get to the bivouac where they would get it fixed up. Vs. Channel on cable is doing the 1/2 hour recap every night at 130am est. Set your dvr's if you can't stay up. Some inspiring off road footage. It's cool that out of production hummers are still running in top level international pro racing against teams with full factory support, although the tube framed monster that they run has little to do with our h3's except the grille looks sorta similar.

bebe

It's on VS (cable) 10:30 PST. They have 30 mins of coverage daily. Planet Robby and Racedezert.com have pretty frequent updates.

GO RG!!!

ReconH3

Guardian Angel
On day 2 he's moved up to second overall! 2.28 mins behind Peterhansel's Mini. Peterhansel has won the Dakar 7 or 8 times. The Hummers got 1st and 3rd for the stage.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"

Sent from my iPhone

Last edited:

Nacho

Now with Chese
Highlights are available on youtube.
[video=youtube_share;ppLP4M8rS-c]http://youtu.be/ppLP4M8rS-c[/video]

ReconH3

Guardian Angel
Day 3

Hummers got 3rd (Al-Attiyah) and 5th (Gordon). This puts Robbie Gordon in second overall by only 54 seconds from the leader. Al-Attiyah sits 6th overall by 6.34 mins.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"

Sent from my iPhone

Nacho

Now with Chese
Jalopnik has some photos up :link:

c303ad25e25fee6fcc497ac2f2ef316c.jpg

IndyHummers

Robby says the cars are wicked fast this year so that's great news. Has anyone tried his energy drink yet? I love it! They're offering a promotion where if you send in tabs you can get Speed gear. Everything that is offered can get the Hummer logo on it.

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
Read where there are 3 deaths in the race so far this year. Pretty brutal conditions. Would be cool to get to go over for the race.

Hunner

Like last year several articles this year I have read about the H3's is they mention they are 2 wheel drive?