• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

New Wheels for the 3

HUMMERADDICT

Here are a few pics of the wheels my wife got me for xmas. They are 18x9 Ballistic Wizards. I've wanted these for two years. My wife rocks. Now comes the harder part of picking tires for them. I've narrowed my selection to four. GY Duratracs, MT ATZ's, BFG A/T K/O or Cooper S/T Maxx.

Attachments

• IMG_0467.jpg
    IMG_0467.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_0468.jpg
    IMG_0468.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_0466.jpg
    IMG_0466.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 133

Bigunit

Hammer Down!
Staff member
Very nice! I really like those and can't wait to see a set of bad-azz tires mounted on them. Sounds like you have a keeper there - I meant your wife (& the wheels too, of course)! :wink:

HUMMERADDICT

Very nice! I really like those and can't wait to see a set of bad-azz tires mounted on them. Sounds like you have a keeper there - I meant your wife (& the wheels too, of course)! :wink:
Thanks. I guess its rare to find a hot chick who also tolerates auto obsessions. :)

HUMMERADDICT

Nice. I'm looking forward to seeing them on your truck.
Thanks Hans. Hoping to pickup a spare wheel and the tires in the next few months. I figure I'll go 40,000 on the stock GY's. That way I don't feel so bad about getting rid of em'. LOL!

skeptic

I like those, can't wait to see pics. One of these days, probably this spring, I'll be buying new tires. Haven't decided whether or not to keep the stock wheels or go aftermarket - lots of pictures of what others do will help (hint hint).

As for the tire choice - I'll be going with 35" Duratracs. Can't recommend them personally as I haven't owned them yet. I have run BFG AT KOs on a couple jeeps, and while I like them and would recommend them, the Duratracs have even better overall reviews.

HUMMERADDICT

That's the easy part IMO. Get some GY DuraTracs and call it a day. :thumbs:
Leaning towards those in a 295/65/18 (33.1x11.8). Also still considering the ATZ's and ST's in 275/70/18 or the BFG's in a 305/65/18. I'm liking the BFG's mainly because its almost a 34" tire and it has just about the same weigh as a 33.

HUMMERADDICT

What is the back spacing? I have used both BFG T/A KO and Cooper S/T and IMHO you can't go wrong with either.
I can't find the specs on the BS, but they are +14 Offset. I really wanted +30, but none instock. Guy from the wheel place said +14 may stick out only about a half inch, if that.