• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Rip-off!! I can't stand it anymore! How do you handle this?

davidh3

I hope admin delete this post. :sigh: Thanks.

Attachments

• ORDER.jpg
    ORDER.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 124
  • COUPON.jpg
    COUPON.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 142
Last edited:

LagunaH1

In general I think it works better to keep a cool head and not let your temper get the better of you. Be calm, ask questions, negotiate, and be ready to take your business elsewhere if they don't want to work with you.

I do think most dealers are operating on very thin margins so they may not have a lot of room to discount things as deep as we all might like.

skeptic

That's why most are called stealerships.
Yup, this is exactly what I was going to say. If you can find a good one it's great, but even still expect to pay more. On the other hand, in my experience they are usually better about standing behind their work. One thing for certain, even if you find a great dealership to work with, expect to pay more for parts.

I would caution you (OP) about burning bridges with the dealership unless you have others nearby. Your '09 should still have plenty of warranty left, even if you don't use them for anything other than warranty work it's better to have a good friendly relationship. It could be the difference between fixing something no questions asked vs. being denied because of lack of maintenance or abuse or whatever BS reason they come up with.

Last point - not sure what part of Florida you are in, but I spent 5 years in the Miami area. I've lived in a number of cities in Oregon, San Diego area, San Jose area, UT, and of course Miami area. In my experience South Florida is far and away the worst for scams, corruption, bait and switch, and general scum bag behavior such as you describe. Please do not judge the US by what you see in Floriduh, especially the Miami area.

davidh3

Yup, this is exactly what I was going to say. If you can find a good one it's great, but even still expect to pay more. On the other hand, in my experience they are usually better about standing behind their work. One thing for certain, even if you find a great dealership to work with, expect to pay more for parts.

I would caution you (OP) about burning bridges with the dealership unless you have others nearby. Your '09 should still have plenty of warranty left, even if you don't use them for anything other than warranty work it's better to have a good friendly relationship. It could be the difference between fixing something no questions asked vs. being denied because of lack of maintenance or abuse or whatever BS reason they come up with.

Last point - not sure what part of Florida you are in, but I spent 5 years in the Miami area. I've lived in a number of cities in Oregon, San Diego area, San Jose area, UT, and of course Miami area. In my experience South Florida is far and away the worst for scams, corruption, bait and switch, and general scum bag behavior such as you describe. Please do not judge the US by what you see in Floriduh, especially the Miami area.
I'm not judge the US by this case, definitely. I know bad people are at any place.
I was accepted by Purdue University, it is in INDIANA, I will go there in January. I agree with you, I don't like south Florida. I have been to Orlando, people there are polite, gentle. Good things are in north and west coast(I mean the directions. the closer we are to the north, the better. Good schools, high technologies, rich people etc.), That's why I applied a school that is located in north.

Last edited:

skeptic

I'm not judge the US by this case, definitely. I know bad people are at any place.
I was accepted by Purdue University, it is in INDIANA, I will go there in January. I agree with you, I don't like south Florida. I have been to Orlando, people there are polite, gentle. Good things are in north and west coast(I mean the directions. the closer we are to the north, the better. Good schools, high technologies, rich people etc.), That's why I applied a school that is located in north.

Good luck with that! I don't know anything about Indiana, but it has to be better than SE Florida. Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of good honest people in Miami, I had some great friends there and of course there are bad people everywhere. It's just that overall scams, cheating, "working the system", what I'd consider stealing from big companies, etc. seem to be more accepted and normal there than anywhere else I've ever lived. Great place to visit, probably a great place to own a summer home if you are rich, but I've never been happier about moving away from an area as when I left FL.

IndyHummers

Yeah I'm in Tampa. Our old dealership sucks now. When you go to Purdue, check out Schepel up in Schererville, Indiana. Great, honest dealership. They did a bunch of work on our trucks.

Boiler Up!!

Last edited:

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
Before you go to a dealership (or any other service center) know your stuff going in. If the deal cannot be made then walk away from it. You did the research so why didn't you stick with it? I agree that there can be an acceptable premium for having the work done at the dealer but sometimes that premium just isn't appropriate.

Right now I'm negotiating with my dealer on the radiator replacement. I called local shops, got their prices, and asked the dealer to be competitive. If they can be they'll get that business. If they cannot well that's okay but it will go elsewhere for that work.

Use this forum like Hummeraddict just did with his brakes question - before you pay the money for the repair. You might get some varied answers but at least you make an educated choice before you move forward.

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
The key is to know what a service or part is worth. If you can't get a fair deal take your business elsewhere. There are honest and legitimate businesses that would be happy to have your business.

cgalpha08

"Like Nothing Else"
Davidh3...dude! I go to school like 30 min south of purdue at Wabash! Well have to get together sometime! Btw the badlands ORV is only 30 min away from there too!

Sent via Tapatalk

08SolarFlareH3

Super Swampers
I am not sure were they came up with the $492 for the painted grille, unless they were buying a paint to match one and charging you to paint it (like I had to do because my color wasn't available in the GM Accessories line). The part number for the GM Accessories Grille in Victory Red (Paint code 74U) is 19156166 and GM list is $375 like you stated.

You can get the grille from GM Parts Direct for $262.50 + $66.94 Shipping/Processing/Handling, so $329.44 Shipped.
http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/results.cfm?singlepart=1&partnumber=19156166

davidh3

Davidh3...dude! I go to school like 30 min south of purdue at Wabash! Well have to get together sometime! Btw the badlands ORV is only 30 min away from there too!

Sent via Tapatalk
Hey yo, Nice to know you. We go to same school? Tell me your FaceBook

SGT-Wright

I found that any dealer that is a combo Cadillac / Hummer dealer seem to think everyone walking the door is made of money. My local Cadillac/Hummer dealer treated me great with warranty service and verry polite, but anything not warranty is verry expensive compaired to a regular GM shop. Example: oil changes, and tune-ups are at least P higher price than other dealers. Who thinks it should cost ~ $1200 for a 50K mile fluid change and inspection to find other things just out of warranty to charge an additional repair cost for. It only took me about 3 hours and a couple hundred bucks worth of oil and fluids to do the same job, and I know exactly what was put into my vehicle not what they just say they did. Other than that, I have nothing but good things to say about my dealer.

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
SGT-Wright, I agree. My dealer is a Cadillac dealer and charges appropriately.

I just moved their quoted brake install to $99 from $405 by adding in a hummer.com coupon and removing the resurfacing of the rotors.

I also renegotiated the proposed radiator replacement to $750 from $988 by asking them to match a local shop's quoted price. All I did was ask and let them know it was okay if they matched it and it was okay if they didn't.

sinstr

If you are stuck needing a dealer, try Corral in Pompano. A few of us here in Fla have used them. They know I wheel my truck and have covered most repairs without question.

davidh3

If you are stuck needing a dealer, try Corral in Pompano. A few of us here in Fla have used them. They know I wheel my truck and have covered most repairs without question.
Dude I had a bad experience at coral. When I just bought my h3 there, I wanted a chrome brush guard, the dealer quoted me $1300 his name is James. I had a terrible experience at coral. I wanted my new gm personal audio link to be installed there, the manager wanted to charge me f**king $300!!!!and said"two options: 1, install an aftermarket part+labor $600 which I can offer,2, $300 for the labor and install your PAL", you know what,all other workers around there were looking at him! They were shocked too!. Then I brought the PAL to Vera, I was lucky that I met a good server, he charged me $37.50! That was a honest price, officially published. I'm done with south fl. Only two dealers in south fl, they both suck.
I'm not a bad tempered person, I just want a justice. I believe that I'm in a wrong place or just had a bad luck. Anyway im leaving florida to get good education at purdue university, in Indiana. No matter what happens, I will succeed at there.

Last edited:

SGT-Wright

SGT-Wright, I agree. My dealer is a Cadillac dealer and charges appropriately.

I just moved their quoted brake install to $99 from $405 by adding in a hummer.com coupon and removing the resurfacing of the rotors.

I also renegotiated the proposed radiator replacement to $750 from $988 by asking them to match a local shop's quoted price. All I did was ask and let them know it was okay if they matched it and it was okay if they didn't.

I have found that to be true at my dealer too. I just wonder why they have to start with such high prices that you have to haggle down instead pricing it right the first time. Maybe Cadillac drivers are the type that think if they paied twice as much for an oil change that it is twice as good. The dealer must be giving them what they need to feed their arrogance. I think that is twice as dumb.