• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

H1 PIAA Driving Light Problems.

crank

The Master Blaster!
I have a pair of PIAA driving lights on the bush guard that don't work. I turn them on, get a green to red indication and get voltage out to the connector but the light does't work. I know what you're going to say next... Its the bulbs (H3 type). The bulbs are good and ohm out good. It's almost like the voltage is there but no amps to light it. This has two wires going to each lamp. A positive and ground.
Now this may all be moot because I dropped one lamp lens and the glass is all over the driveway. I after speaking in different tongues, I decided to come in the house and started to write you all.
Anyone had a problem like that before?
TNX

crank

The Master Blaster!
I beleive you all are right. I cant think of any other reason. There are two wires out to the lamp. I will need to follow back the black wire to see where I'm loosing ground.
Thanks.

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
Dropped one? Sounds like it's time for an upgrade! Might as well get yourself some LEDs from Expedition Hardware as a last minute Christmas gift to yourself.

crank

The Master Blaster!
Yeah! It was like watching a slo-mo movie as it hit the concrete. The wife heard me all the way in the house.
Are those LED's bright enough compared to the 55-100 Watt lamps? I always wondered that.

Dropped one? Sounds like it's time for an upgrade! Might as well get yourself some LEDs from Expedition Hardware as a last minute Christmas gift to yourself.

crank

The Master Blaster!
Well, went to the local truck and accesory shop and bought a new pair of 110 watt PIAA 520 on the bush guard. Plugged in the lamps without touching any of the wires and they lit right up! Looking Good!