• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

H3 135K on my 3.5L 2006 H3

DJinCO

As the title says, 135K miles on my H3. I just got the oil analysis results. I purchased my H3 with 124K miles on the odo and it had been fed a steady diet of stock GM 5w30 oil. I cleaned the engine and then put Mobil 1 in last December.

The analysis revealed that the engine is really solid and the wear metals are very low! No glycol at all! The Mobil 1 was pretty worn out and I need to change the air filter every 6 months. Probably change the oil at about 5K.

In the Spring I take a sample of the Castrol Syn Ti using the Wix filter. We'll see what the results show at that time, should have close to 140K on the odo. :thumbs:

Scarsman

Sponsor
Cool! Would you mind if I asked where you got the oil test done and how much it cost?

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk

DJinCO

I use Terry Dyson who owns Dyson Analysis. I purchase the analysis in conjunction with a 1yr subscription to his weblog for $100 annually. Terry is a graduate of Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, a member of Society of Tribologists and Lubrication Engineers (#38307), a member of the Society of Automotive Engineers, as well as a member of the American Society for Testing and Materials. So the information he provides is well worth the cost. He probably saved me some costly repairs to a transmission with his analysis.

DJinCO

I am also one who really likes to have hard data instead of marketing hype!

I am really interested in analysis because of the "head issues" of the 3.5L and the mileage. If I was to have a leak of radiator fluid, from the head, the glycol level in the oil would be something more than 0 ppm.

This is just something that I have been doing for years.