• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

H4O NW Winter Fun Day Jan 28 2012

Scarsman

Sponsor
PLEASE SEE THE UPDATED SECTIONS FOR CURRENT INFO

When:
Saturday, January 28 2012, 10:00am

Where: UPDATED!!!!
NW Washington. Plans have changed slightly. Instead of going out Hwy 2, we will be going out the Mountain Loop Hwy east from Granite Falls. We will be exploring the Green Mountain and Pilchuck Mountain areas.

What:
This is not going to be any extreme wheeling, or technical trails with obstacles. The goal is to air down and drive around in some deep snow, and to find some good sledding hills for the kids. And the kids at heart, too. We won’t be out to cover as many miles as possible, but will try to keep a nice relaxed pace. With any luck maybe a few people might get stuck so we can practice our recovery skills. There should be a small gravel pit with a little snow where people can do a little bit of technical play if they choose, but nothing really extreme.There will be decent snow and there is supposed to be a really good area for some sledding.

Logistics: UPDATED!!!
We will meet at 10:00am at:
Granite Falls Chevron and McDonald's
502 W Stanley St
Granite Falls, WA 98252
(360)691-6626

We'll try to head out by 10:45.

For those of us who are still "inflationally challenged," they have free air. It will be 12 miles from where we'll come back on pavement to the gas station when we're done. That's not too bad a jaunt aired down.

Things to bring:
Any recovery gear you have, cold weather gear, extra food/water, fire making supplies, first aid kit, tire chains if you have them, sleds, anything else you want!

Communication:
CB channel 15. If you don't have a CB I have a couple FRS/GMRS radios we can use to keep you in the loop.

Aftermath: UPDATED!!!
We could gather for dinner if enough want to. Choice of pizza or Mexican.

Miscellaneous:
If you are coming, please PM me your info and I will compile a contact list to send out to the group.
Please include the following info in your PM:
  • Name
  • Contact number
  • Dinner yes or no.
  • If yes, how many people
If enough want to do dinner then I will make reservations.
I will keep a running roster here of who is or might be coming.

Roster:

For sure:
Scarsman --- H2
H3slate ------ H3
Hummjay ---- H3
PacNWAg98 - H3
kmug -------- H3

Maybe:
Superpaul1976 -- H3
Sgt-Wright ------- H3

Last edited:

Superpaul1976

put me down as a maybe. work has me on graveyard at the moment. if i am done with that shift by then (which i should be) i'd love to go! im sure the kids would love it too if we found some sledding spots

PacNWAg98

WOOHOO! Great idea - I'm in!
Will be me, wife and 3 kids - we all can't wait! Thanks for putting this together - should be a blast.

:)

Merry Christmas all!

DAVE

Scarsman

Sponsor
Hey everyone! It's getting close! We have been doing some exploring over the last few weeks, and due to the current snow status and open roads, we are going to be moving this event slightly. We will be going out the Mountain Loop Highway, east of Granite Falls. I will be editing the original post here with the exact details soon. Stay tuned!

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
We have been trying to find snow for a snow run in SoCal for a month. At least we will get to look at all of your pictures. Sounds like a great time.

SGT-Wright

Where is a good place for an overnight stay? Any personal favorites? I have some relatives in Lake Stevens, maybe I will give them a call and visit and go snow wheeling. I still need to mount the ARB with winch, this can be the motivation to get it done. So put me down as a maybe...

Scarsman

Sponsor
I'm most likely in, not sure who will be joining me.

Ok, I put you down in the "for sure" list, so you HAVE to come now! :wink:

Where is a good place for an overnight stay? Any personal favorites? I have some relatives in Lake Stevens, maybe I will give them a call and visit and go snow wheeling. I still need to mount the ARB with winch, this can be the motivation to get it done. So put me down as a maybe...

I don't know of any place personally, but Lake Stevens is really close. You're down for a maybe. Did you pick up PNW's winch and bumper?

SGT-Wright

I would love to join you guys this weekend, but unfortunately I will not be able to make it. I will be looking for pictures of all the fun I miss. And yes the ARB w/winch is still sitting on the floor of my garage. :shame:

Hummjay

Wild Thang
Dang Jason, that's too bad you can't join us. :sigh: It's supposed to be a really nice day tomorrow too. Oh well, hope to see you on the next adventure. Maybe you'll have that ARB/winch installed by then! :wink: I'm almost ready... gotta run back out to the garage to finish packing and take off my side steps.
Oh boy... I'm so excited!!:jump: Looking forward to having a fun day doing some awesome snow wheeling!!

PacNWAg98

Hey guys - how was the trip? Would love to see your photos!!!

Was so bummed I had to work.. :( Hope everyone hasd a great time!

DAVE