• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

It has come to this

FormerUser

Sadly enough it looks like I am being left with few options. I hoped it would be temporary, I thought I could sustain myself - but it looks as though the global recession has claimed yet another victim. My former employer, who was solely dependent on military contracts has had they're funding zero'd out. The last multi-year contract received was for 6.1 million, pending funding. As the funding will not be coming - with it no longer is layoff temporary. I had such high hopes, but it looks like I along with 99% of company are being given the opportunity to challenge ourselves somewhere else. Its kind of a 1-2 punch really - about 2 years ago the ex took my house, now the economy takes my employment. This is not meant to be a sob story, or a feel sorry for me story - it's just the sad hard facts. Unfortunately it also means that I have to do the one thing I have fought so hard to resist. Sadly enough I never had the chance to wheel it, or wheel with any of you. You all know me just from my screen name, and for my inane or thought provoking posts. I guess you could say this serves as my notice, and my notice that the swap meet will have a plethora of genuine and aftermarket accessories up for grabs. And a 2010 H3 Adventure series. Sorry guys(and girls). The loss is mine.

CNY750Rider

Wow, sorry to read this. Hopefully, you will regain your posture quickly and have a change of heart. Wishing you the best man.

Hans3T

Lif"T"ed
That's terrible. I hope that everything works out for you, Jason. Life has an interesting way of going about things sometimes. Please don't be a stranger. I think I speak for everyone when I say you'll always be welcome here! :cheers:

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
Im sorry to hear this has happened. I wish you the best of luck and hope you make it back here one day in the future.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
Bummer man, we've enjoyed having you around. Please drop by every now and then - ownership of a Hummer is not a requirement for participation.

glpd74

hi Jason911. Sorry to hear and I'm sure I can speak for all of us here that our sympathys are with you. I don't know if they are hiring but you should check out Havey Communications Inc based out of IL. The owner Mike Havey is a stand up guy and runs a great company.

Bigunit

Hammer Down!
Staff member
Jason, you are always welcome here. I am really sorry. Is there any way we can help - what line of work are you in so that we can get the word out to everyone on here in case someone knows someone, who needs someone like you and what you know how to do. If we can help, be assured that we will.

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jason, best of luck to you. I know way too many good people that have been or are in your position. Hopefully something good happens for you very quickly.

Sierra H3

Hard Times

Hey friend. Been there done that, you can climb out of it. Just put your head down and keep going. I lost my house due to my ex as well. I offered as much money for her half as she got in the end anyway, but she just seemed to want me to feel the pain. The only reason that I could keep my truck at the time was that it was paid for before the marriage. Two years later, I would have lost my defense related job due to layoff as well (1990's cutbacks due to end of cold war), but I jumped ship and found a new job before the ax fell. I have been at this job ever since. I had to start over near the bottom, but my pay has gone up 4X and went from supervising none to thirty. See there is hope! My advise is to keep active on this forum and all other contact methods that you have with your peers. Word of mouth is the best way to find a new job. Sometimes one comes up that is not even announced yet and you get a shot without any competition. Also, don't be afraid to interview out of your immediate geographical area. Some parts of the country are doing relatively better than other parts.

PS: You can still ride along on one of our runs!

Last edited:

Timgco

Hugh Hefner
There are pleanty of us that have been in this position or are still in this position! The best advice I can share is to try and stay as possitive as you can in this frustrating situation. I hope you can get back into something you love doing soon and make some good money doing it!

Who knows, maybe you will get something in the next month or even next week.

Selling the toys will be hard, but you can always get them back down the road.

If you go through with selling your toys/ mods on your truck, shoot me a PM with what you have and what you want for it. If someome asks me for these parts, I will send them your way.

Best of luck,
Tim.

cbetts

NERD!!!
I am so sorry, buddy. Many of us can relate the employment predicament. At least you are stepping up and doing what you can to stay afloat. Many out there would not give up their luxuries.

If you work in IT, shoot me a PM. I may be able to assist.

Flash

Saddened to read of your situation. All too common at this time. Certainly impressed by your "take responsibility" mindset and preparedness to "do what it takes". Tells me that this is only temporarily temporary.

FormerUser

Thanks to everyone for the great outpouring of support. I was up most of last night updating my resume and crunching numbers trying to come up with a cost plan. As it sits right now - If I manage to sell the sliders, UCP, winch and winch mount as well as the flares I just might be able to stall selling the H3. Hate to sell the acc just to keep the truck, but I truly am at a loss to find a solution. This is a scary position to be in - and although I saw it coming, kind of - I figured I was immune. Poor choice on my part. Anyways, thanks again to the public posts of support and more so to the pvt posts. So many of you I would truly like to meet in person, if nothing more than to chat. It feels good to have friends.

Jason

FormerUser

What once was will be no more, at least for me - my H3 and the planned build/my rant:

I had a goal of acquiring a H3 for the sole purpose of exploring the backcountry of places that I had traveled to because of work(west of the Mississippi). I wanted something manageable, smallerer'ish, four doors with at least a rear locker, and a sunroof. Every other option was on the table. Diesel would been nice, but not a deal breaker. WHen it all boiled down - it was either a almost new Grand Cherokee Diesel or a new H3. As I was a GM owner for my whole life and I always lusted after the Hummer brand - long before the HMMWV became the HUMMER brand. Grandiose dreams, realistic plans. I purchased my 2010 H3 from Hummer of Sioux Falls as they were they only dealership in the country that had a new H3 with the options I wanted. Would of preferred a different color, but one can't have everything. Adventure package, cloth interior, gigantic sunroof, unmistakable looks. And the I5 engine was a desire as well - anybody that says it doesn't have enough power is confused. If you bought it for highway driving, then yes - I would agree, its a asthmatic. But off-highway, 4 low-lock at 5-15 mph - I don't need 300HP or 600lb-ft of torque. And I would know - I stepped out of a LBZ Duramax into the H3 I5. Yes, I miss the great mileage of the DMax, but I don't miss the $3.99/gallon diesel.

Genuine H3 brushguard, sliders and UCP with a color matched grille/factory off-road grille lights - coupled with no chrome made for a nice looking Hummer. Clean. Added in Hunner Extreme, a BA differential guard. Was planning on a Gobi Roof Rack, but after seeing the quality production work by Scarsman I opted to have him build me something better(at least I was going to). I was going to remove half of the rear seat(behind the drivers side - room for a fridge) and replace with a flat floor ala CJ along with a replacement rear bumper. The winch was going to be a WARN multi-mount with f/r power points(but the mile marker front winch mount proved to tempting!). WARN M8000 was to get a Master-pull synthetic LCP winch-line. Under hood became a AirDoc w/K&N. And a ARB compressor w/20 ft of goodyear coiled hose was the only other engine mod. Interior was also going to get a Engle or ARB fridge to keep the freshies good for extended trips. Roof rack would of gotten 4 Scepter NATO fuel cans(custom mount Ala Scarsman) along with mounts for 2 rear facing/2 side facing LED lights and a 48" wide front facing LED light bar. BFG All-Terrain KO's rounded out the package(best of on-road manners and off-road traction).

Last edited:

Big2dabank

When hard times hit, your friends, family and any business connections you have are keys to helping you get through this and find alternative/other employment. There are so many people unemployed right now, I don't bother with posting/publishing anypositions we have open at my company online or in the paper. I go straight to my network of friends and business connections, there is no way I am going to sort through thousands of resumes to find one guy. I am sure many other businesses take this same approach. You just need to keep your head up and work hard to take the next steps in your life, on whatever path that maybe. Good luck, you'll land on your feet.

H3DONIST

This isn't the end of your Hummer journey. This is only a temporary intermission. You'll get a new job and a new place and then another Hummer in the driveway. :cheers: