• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

First H3!

JUGG3RNAUT

Hey guys,

Just picked up my first H3 on Saturday, and I must say I absolutely LOVE it. I've never had a vehicle that makes me want to take the long way home from work just so I can sit in it. Or when I look at it in the parking lot I'm like...damn..that's sexy haha. As my roomate H3DONIST has explained posts are useless without pictures so here you are! Excuse all the shiney chrome I haven't had it long enough to get it removed.

I'm not sure what package or edition gave it the chrome strips down the side / back end and the embossing on the head rests. I'd like to see if a body shop can get the strips removed without damaging the paint.

2dh5s3c.jpg

es6u5w.jpg

li3ok.jpg

dr5pnd.jpg

54bwv4.jpg

dnleg1.jpg

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
Welcome aboard! Nice H3. You have the luxury package seeing that you have leather. To tell if you have the adventure package go look for a Locking diff switch above the headunit and to the right.

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think the chrome strips are an aftermarket applique. Congrats on the H3 and welcome to H4O. A little chrome is fine even though those body strips would come off if on my truck. You will love the H3. Glad you made it to H4O!

AbsntMnded

Welcome! I own your H3 twin (minus the black grill)! I've never seen anyone else with the chrome strips or the Hummer logo's on the seats (H3 logo on the rear middle seat a presume?) Maybe all the Luxury's come with the logos and I never noticed?? I thought maybe the previous owner installed these after purchasing, but I have the same features (also a black H3).

IMG_0698.jpg

Last edited:

Hans3T

Lif"T"ed
Welcome! You're smart to post photos so quickly!! ;) Glad to see you're enjoying the truck.

08SolarFlareH3

Super Swampers
Welcome aboard! Nice H3. You have the luxury package seeing that you have leather. To tell if you have the adventure package go look for a Locking diff switch above the headunit and to the right.
Seeing it has 265 Goodyear Wranger RT/S, I would assume it is not an Adventure Package but the only way to know for sure is to check for the locker switch like you said. With that being said, I have actually seen a couple Adventure Package H3's with 265's, there is actually one with a GOBI rack and winch on Auto Trader with 265/75R16 Goodyear Wranger RT/S :huh:.

08SolarFlareH3

Super Swampers
Welcome! I own your H3 twin (minus the black grill)! I've never seen anyone else with the chrome strips or the Hummer logo's on the seats (H3 logo on the rear middle seat a presume?) Maybe all the Luxury's come with the logos and I never noticed?? I thought maybe the previous owner installed these after purchasing, but I have the same features (also a black H3).
Did you purchase this used/preowned? Is it possible your seats have aftermarket leather like Katzkin?

JUGG3RNAUT

Yeah it's definitely a luxury, no lockers. the leather seats are factory so maybe the previous owner added the chrome strips and head rests / the H3 logo in the back middle. The strips are most definitely coming off as soon as I can borrow the girlfriends hair dryer haha. The door handles are also billeted aluminum after market ones, I like the shape and weight / feel of them so I may just bed line them.

Sierra H3

Welcome to the club! Actually, the chrome strips don't bother me at all. First, I'd focus on UCP / rock rails along with tires. What year is it? It looks to be in great shape.

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
Congrats on your H3! I know what you mean about taking the long way home. Thankfully there's no cure for the addiction.

JUGG3RNAUT

It's an 07 with 45k miles on it. Tires will be the first thing I get for it, I'm not sure about wheels yet as the chrome ones I have are flaking which I've read is a defect. It only has the power train warranty left or I'd get them replaced. I was thinking about getting some of the steelies from an H3T or Tactical ones. I did find a few neat steelie looking after market ones but I'm still undecided

Paladine71

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Welcome to the forum. It's great to have another member in the Quad Cities. Planning to wheel with us? Work on the arsenal?

Last edited:

JUGG3RNAUT

I plan on wheeling with you guys once I get over the fact that I'll scratch and ding it up. I'm still not too keen on the idea lol, but I'm sure that will pass with time and mods. I actually work at John Deere on 13th St. in East Moline.

H3DONIST

I was planning on stealing his keys one night and driving it through some brush to get him some pin stripes. That way he'll get over it quicker and we can get him out on the trails. :horns: