• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Jacking up your Hummer

vrocco

What's everyone using for jacking? Either on the trail or in the garage (for those that aren't lucky enough to have a lift).

Factory scissor jack? Bogert hydraulic? Bottle jack? Floor jack? Air jack? Hi-Lift?

I'd love to hear opinions on what you think works best

Last edited:

scoreh3

I keep looking at the unijack , does it really work as good as it looks ( and costs) . I'm always looking for new stuff .

Expendable

Whatever you use, please put your spare underneath the vehicle when jacking it up (especially when off road).

I was on a trail one time with 5 - 8 H1s, the H1 I was in broke a ball joint and we only noticed on a decline. The H1 up front backed up as close as it could get to the front and the H1 behind hooked up via winch. The most experienced of us mechanically was underneath, real wiry guy, probably 90 lbs soaking wet. well the jack failed with him underneath and the only thing that saved him was the tire underneath the truck. truck slammed down on the wheel/tire and there was maybe an inch of space between the undercarriage protection and him.

I know some use the factory jack off road with an impact wrench to speed up the process.

shaunkite

I keep a 3 ton aluminum floor jack which has served me well. I keep it strapped down in one of the metal baskets in the back of the wagon.

Kurt

I have a US Jack brand bottle jack [20 ton] and the Borgett HMMWV/MRAP jack. I used to carry a large hi lift jack around [aka the bone breaker] and never ever had a use for it so I stopped putting it on the Hummer. I also keep 2 Jack stands in the truck.