• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

New mods

Which mod do you think?

• Gobi Ranger with spare

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Rocker panel proteciton

Votes: 27 96.4%
  • Other? (specify)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

cgalpha08

"Like Nothing Else"
OK, so its time for some new mods..I have been contemplating on choosing one of these, Just want to know what your opinions are. Thanks

1. Gobi Ranger with spare

2. Rocker panel protection

3. other?

Portager

■ ☼▐▐▐▐▐▐▐ ☼■
I vote rocker protection first also. Rocker protection can prevent a major unplanned expense so you'll be able to afford other upgrades later on.

Besides, I'm not a fan of adding weight up high and a roof rack and spare will increase you're center of gravity to the detriment of handling and roll over angle.

Paladine71

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Besides, I'm not a fan of adding weight up high and a roof rack and spare will increase you're center of gravity to the detriment of handling and roll over angle.

I wheel with my rack and a second spare all of the time and haven't had a single issue with it, and I've been at some really decent angles. The rack has also protected me from tree impacts. Having said that, I'd support getting rock sliders and UCP first.

Bigunit

Hammer Down!
Staff member
IMHO, If you plan to do any wheeling, rocker panel protection, UCP and Hunner's skid plates are the highest and most important first mods that you ought to do. This will save you $$$ from having to repair any trail damage and the $$$ saved, can go to pay for more mods later!

Bigunit

Hammer Down!
Staff member
I do have UCP and i will be getting new cooper all terrains over winter break!!

Since that's the case, then sliders & Hunner's skids would be my priorities. If wheeling is not something you really plan to do or get into, then body/under armor protection can take a back seat for now to performance and/or cosmetic mods.

cgalpha08

"Like Nothing Else"
Since that's the case, then sliders & Hunner's skids would be my priorities. If wheeling is not something you really plan to do or get into, then body/under armor protection can take a back seat for now to performance and/or cosmetic mods.

Wheeling is something i have done and plan on continuing, so it looks like slider and other body armour is in my near future, thanks for the advice and pointers, ill update this as i get the equipment added hehe

08SolarFlareH3

Super Swampers
Which do you recommend? i want one that is slightly bigger then the OEM 32" diameter tire but not 35's
In that case, I would go with a 285/75R16 (33x11.5) stock Adventure Package size or 305/70R16 (33x12.5) if you want a little more width for a "fuller" look. The only other options you have between a 32" and 35" would be a 295/75R16 (no Coppers available in this size) or 255/85R16 (33x10.50). I had the S/T's on my 3 for a while and loved them but depending on how many miles you drive and what type of wheeling you do, the AT-3's might be a better fit.

cgalpha08

"Like Nothing Else"
In that case, I would go with a 285/75R16 (33x11.5) stock Adventure Package size or 305/70R16 (33x12.5) if you want a little more width for a "fuller" look. The only other options you have between a 32" and 35" would be a 295/75R16 (no Coppers available in this size) or 255/85R16 (33x10.50). I had the S/T's on my 3 for a while and loved them but depending on how many miles you drive and what type of wheeling you do, the AT-3's might be a better fit.

Ok great thanks ill prob end up with the AT-3's the review i found on 4 wheeler mag seemed to indicate it was the better all around tire of the two

Sent via Tapatalk

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
I wheel with my rack and a second spare all of the time and haven't had a single issue with it, and I've been at some really decent angles. The rack has also protected me from tree impacts. Having said that, I'd support getting rock sliders and UCP first.

I think we are the only two with dual spares. I have had concerns of leaning too much but havent flipped over yet lol. I will run both of my spares until I have a reason not to. I vote rocker protection first. I did all my skids before adding a rack I recommend that so you can prevent more expensive damage later...like repairing rocker panels or hitting your trans or transfer case. UCP and rockers first IMHO

Scarsman

Sponsor
Rocker protection is a necessity; a roof rack is a (nice) convenience.

I agree, if you are going to do anything more than fire roads, rockers are a must.

As far as the rack being a convenience, that kind of depends on your circumstances. If you camp and have a large family and dog, like me, it is an absolute must. With 4 kids and a 105# Lab, we have zero room inside the H2 for gear.

I have been on some pretty good angles with my rack, with gear on it even, and it does well. It has also saved me from some trees on off cambers a few times.

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk