• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

2004 Land Rover Discovery G4 Build Thread

ajk150

Well guys i've already set to work on the G4. Still have lots of stuff I want to do, but it's already begun to transform :)

It started out looking pretty sweet, but it's slowly getting better
Paterson-20111102-00110.jpg

Since then i have added a Safari snorkel, i still need to seal the electronics though. I added a Garvin wilderness roof rack, as well as two rear Hella work lights. I also have two Hella 4000 spots up top on the front.

discog4.jpg

I also bought headlight guards, but have not had the time to install them yet. Hopefully in the next week or two i will get them on there.

Still more to come, but i need to grow my parts budget again :wink:

I'll keep adding to the thread as i build it up.

Last edited:

HUMMERADDICT

Well guys i've already set to work on the G4. Still have lots of stuff I want to do, but it's already begun to transform :)

It started out looking pretty sweet, but it's slowly getting better
Paterson-20111102-00110.jpg

Since then i have added a Safari snorkel, i still need to seal the electronics though. I added a Garvin wilderness roof rack, as well as two rear Hella work lights. I also have two Hella 4000 spots up top on the front.

discog4.jpg

I also bought headlight guards, but have not had the time to install them yet. Hopefully in the next week or two i will get them on there.

Still more to come, but i need to grow my parts budget again :wink:

I'll keep adding to the thread as i build it up.
Cool so far. Need lift and bigger meats though. :)

Hans3T

Lif"T"ed
I always like seeing build threads, no matter what the make/model. It's the excitement of the transformation that keeps me entertained!

Keep it going, AJ -- looking good! :cheers:

ajk150

no new updates yet, But i'm in the market for some rock rails, and a diff cover. Still shopping around though looking for those "on sale" items. Although i've already gotten a ton of use out of the roofrack. so thats why a great investment there :D

LagunaH1

Very cool, looking forward to following your build. I've always likes land rovers.

Have you heckled rocky road outfitters? I think they offer their excellent rock sliders for LR's

ajk150

Not yet, but i've been looking at them. I'm going to wait until my race season is over before i start buying parts again. It such a time consumer i just don't have the time to research right now. Hopefully after the season though ill get my slider and diff cover, and then this summer i'll install my 2 inch lift, and get the bigger tires on it. I can't wait to heckle for parts though, try and find those deals, it will look pretty awesome i hope when i'm done. Thinking about front and rear lockers down the road (way down the road though) haha.

EDIT: i'll also make sure i post up picks of its first ever "real" off road outing this spring (before moab), already got a group on different rigs set to go haha

ajk150

Well as far as new stuff goes. I just put on some tints. Which is more of a visual thing, but hey it looks pretty good, so i figured i'd post up. Also it gives off some better pictures of the car and all i've done so far.

Oh and it's clean for once, which makes it look a little more sweet at the moment haha

BEFORE:

this is a really good shot of the rear lights i put on way back when

AFTER:

And then a nice poser shot to top it off...

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
Glad you are making progress with it. Don't think you have to park on the end of the row to find it in a parking though. I pass a guy on Jamboree in Newport fairly often that has a really tricked out Disco. Has stickers all over the back windows so I know he wheels it often. Haven't been able to catch him at a light to talk to him yet though.

nugget

We find buying parts out of the UK much cheaper than buying them in Aussie..Rimmer Bros, Devon 4x4, Terrafirma, there are a heap of them. If you, consider getting an assortment of plastic clips that are used to hold on the inner guards, etc etc as the are somuch cheaper than at the local dealer and the freight is virtually free if putting them in with a diff guard for instance.

ajk150

Nice. Get some LightForce lights and you'll light up the night!
I actually plan (way down the road, maybe next summer) of actually moving the hella's down to the bumper, and getting rid of those driving lights, which are junk. Then from their either put up a 40" or 50" Rigid industries LED light bar or going with 4 LightForce lights up top. I do want more light and with that rack i sure can hold them haha

We find buying parts out of the UK much cheaper than buying them in Aussie..Rimmer Bros, Devon 4x4, Terrafirma, there are a heap of them. If you, consider getting an assortment of plastic clips that are used to hold on the inner guards, etc etc as the are somuch cheaper than at the local dealer and the freight is virtually free if putting them in with a diff guard for instance.

I'll definitely keep that in mind, i do still need to get rock rails and a diff guard for it. So i'll have to look into that, thanks for the tip nugget.