• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Signature Picture Size Limits

AbsntMnded

Suggestion:

Maybe I'm just being a Debbie Downer, but over-sized signature pictures can be a little distracting when trying to sift through a multi-page technical discussion thread. I know it's possible to disable signatures in your personal preferences, but members' mod lists can be a handy tool when looking for the right person to direct a question towards. :thumbs: (Man, I sound like a grumpy old man. :giggle:)

Maybe I'm the only one, but it's something to keep in mind, I guess. I know how we like to show off our pride and joys. :thumbs:

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
I've considered it as I also find it annoying when pics are 1/2 of the viewable screen (and I don't have a small monitor).

AbsntMnded

Yours would be an example of a reasonably sized signature. It doesn't take up any extra space beyond your "Name/Title/Info Block" on the left. Glad I wasn't the only one thinking it.

Last edited:

Portager

■ ☼▐▐▐▐▐▐▐ ☼■
I probably have one of the most distracting signature picture, but I kept the height down to 225 pixels. I hope my signature isn't one of the annoying ones.

Gunner_45

Super Moderator
Staff member
Actually CNY750Rider, yours is one of my favorites.

I think that 2"X4" is about the right size......maybe up to a 3"X5".

ReconH3

Guardian Angel
Any complaints about mine? Please be sincere, because the last thing I want is creating frustration.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"

Sent from my iPhone

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
On this page, the ones that would need to be cut down would be Twinmill and Recon. A total height limit of about 2.5" would be idea. CNY's is probably right at that limit. As for specific guidance it would be better to see a smaller Homer and for Recon the pics and Latin are right on target - the other stuff pushes it over the edge. Maybe a smaller pic or less links and quotes? Smaller pic and links side by side?

ReconH3

Guardian Angel
On this page, the ones that would need to be cut down would be Twinmill and Recon. A total height limit of about 2.5" would be idea. CNY's is probably right at that limit. As for specific guidance it would be better to see a smaller Homer and for Recon the pics and Latin are right on target - the other stuff pushes it over the edge. Maybe a smaller pic or less links and quotes? Smaller pic and links side by side?

Good to know. I'll get on it a little later when I get back to my laptop. Thanks for the heads up.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"

Sent from my iPhone

ReconH3

Guardian Angel
You should put the size in pixels since most programs that's how they handle sizing. Just a suggestion.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"

Sent from my iPhone

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
Portager, I think the easiest way to add text alongside your image is to use the advanced editor and the tables feature.
Hit "Go Advanced"
Use the Table feature in the lower left of the editing toolbars. Add a new table that is to your liking but minimally would be 1 row, 2 columns. You'll want "No Borders" for the table settings.

You'll have the ability to create something like this in the editor:
i-NhQWWfP-L.jpg

In this example I have a couple of extra rows that I would remove using the buttons in the editor bar (mouse-over each for tips) or by clicking on those little circled X characters that are framed by the triangles. A little bit of "trial and terror" (as my algebra teacher called it) and you'll find what you're looking for.

M22 - I would say your pic alone is about right but the 2+" from the text above and below make it a really big signature. To keep the same style make the pic smaller, or redesign it with a new look.

Bigunit

Hammer Down!
Staff member
That looks good Recon. How about a second pic on the right side (with your links and quote in the middle)?